expressway group sts, avondale, az

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kerinbrat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. A TruckersWife

A TruckersWife Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2007
    We have had time to cool off now. I feel better knowing my baby is ok. He has been driving truck since 1966, so I believe him when he says he inspected the truck. He told me that is just seized on him.
    I do not know what he will do when this is all cleared up.
    Thank you all for your prayers. They meant a lot to us.
    I know I wrote out of anger, and I apologize for that. I think it was mostly the helpless feeling of not knowing what to do to help him. Thank you all for allowing me to spout this weekend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadhog

roadhog Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2007
    No man's land, Ohio
    You don't have anything to apologize for. Spout if you need too, better here than to him. At the time neither you or he could do anything about the situation. Glad to hear he's okay. He's been driving since '66 - Geez, I wasn't born until '70!!!!he!he!Just had to throw that in for giggaling reason!! lol Have a good day!!

4. kerinbrat

kerinbrat Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    i worked there for 2 and a half months. i was going to try to make their requirement of 91 days but things just kept getting worse and worse. although it wasn't their fault, after i had a major breakdown, i took my truck to the volvo place in las vegas where my flat screen tv and dvds were all stollen. it was one of their mechanics who had access to my keys. the whole ordeal was a bad luck trip for me and i am happy to be free of them, no matter what the cost. i think if a company proves to suck, the driver should NOT be help liable for any of their expenses.

5. kerinbrat

kerinbrat Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    expressway did the same thing to me. after 20 hours in the middle of the desert on hwy 93, i ended up calling the cops cos i needed a drink of water. trying to get someone to stop out there is nearly impossible. and i'm a GIRL!
    imagine leaving a female out there alone in the dersert for 20 hours with no water or air or food or ??? rediculous! and i ended up paying for my motels myself. it ended up costing them 1500 dollars for a tow when the whole problem was that they didn't want to spend the money to call a tow truck that wasn't in their network. needless to say, i am back in chicago looking for another job. okay with me. by the way, any good flatbed otr's looking for a good, honest driver?

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I've not worked for them myself, but a lot of people push Maverick a lot here.
    I guess there is something to all the good opinions. Check 'em out. They have a terminal just east of Little Rock on I-40.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I once had a truck take a dump on me just outside of Searchlight, Nevada. Luckily, I wasn't too far from town when it shut down. It was in late December and pretty cold. I remember that late-evening hike back into town well.

In the desert of NM, you have to check the belts and hoses even more. If the truck decides to sit down on you, just catch a ride with somebody into the next town and get a room when the temps go high enough to melt lead.

You have to remember....body proteins start breaking down around 52 Celcius, and from what I'm reading on CNN's site, some places are not too far from that temperature now.

Sounds like this outfit is one that definitely should be on our #### list.

8. kerinbrat

kerinbrat Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    hey, thank you for the 'tip'. i found a job today with a company called; schilli out of remington, in. this time, i had a list of questions, which they answered right and i am doing it the right way (at least, differently than i ever have before) and i am hopful that it will be the right company for me. i just want a job i can keep that will treat me as well as i do them and that i can stay with for a long while. changing jobs is like moving houses for me.

anyway, i like this site. i am glad it is here for us and there are people like Tip out there to give us feedback. thank you all.

kbrat:biggrin_2559:

9. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Same with Knight in Phx, AZ about paying back for orientation if leave B4 90 days!! Guess too much job hopping going on these days---but as you say, many co.s are NOT upfront about working for them and even 'lie!':biggrin_25513:

10. kerinbrat

kerinbrat Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    i hear ya, brother.

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    So some of these jokers are now charging for orientation if you walk away before your first 90 days? I can remember a company or two I walked out on before the first 90 MINUTES.

Let 'em go ahead and adopt this policy. It helps drivers even more, as it is just another way to tell a company sucks. Those that require you to reimburse them for the orientation costs are simply reacting to events in the past. Events that happened for good reasons, at least from the drivers' standpoint. Lots of drivers have quit these companies in the past, and the companies are using a band-aid to stop the hemmorage today. Once again they choose the band-aid approach instead of solving the problems in ways they should.

Rule: If you are expected to pay for orientation if you quit before your first 90 days at an outfit, just walk away before you get hired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.