Extreme trailers any good?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Opendeckin, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

So what's light weight? Any price and were is there location in ohio?
    Thanks guys

cke and Tug Toy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phumac

Phumac Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Can’t tell u how much the trailer weighs, but I can scale out 55,000 maybe a little more

MartinFromBC and cke Thank this.
  4. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    25,000 empty?

Must be one of those small F&S tractors I always see...

Tug Toy and cke Thank this.
  5. Phumac

Phumac Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Yes, F&S does specialize in being lightweight. One reason why they decided to buy those extreme trailers

6. MoneyMan Canada

MoneyMan Canada Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I have been financing these trailers for about a year now. To date everyone has been very happy with them. I keep hearing two things as feedback:
    1) The trailers pull well.
    2) Improved fuel mileage by at least 0.5 MPG (and yes, that's on a US gallon).

Most of my customers state that fuel mileage savings alone works out to $ 1,200 - $ 1,500 per month. The increased payload is just a really nice added bonus that definitely adds to the bottom line.

Did my first four axle earlier this month and early indications have been also very positive.

I will continue to follow up on these as this could be a huge advantage. Love seeing stuff make more $$$ - it's makes my job a helluva lot easier!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    jamespmack and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  7. villageidiot

villageidiot Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Deep South Texas
  8. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    I’ve owned one of these for a bit more than a year now, been a really good trailer for me. Mine is a 53’ with a Quick Draw tarp system on it and I can scale exactly 100 lbs more with this trailer than I could with the last trailer I pulled which was a 48’ Benson with the same tarp system.

I can scale 47,600 with this trailer versus the Benson was 47,500. My trailer is rated for 55,000 in 4’ but I’ve never loaded anywhere close to that, heaviest coil I’ve had so far is 46,700 and it handled it fine. It did look like it took most of the arch out of it but these trailers have very little arch anyway, that seems to scare some when they see the arch gone but the trailer pulled great, no bucking or whiplash feeling at all going over the bumps. I did not have this coil loaded over the coil pack, being 46,700 I figured the trailer could handle it over the closed center and it did.

Being a 53’ I like to run with my tandems closed and this trailer balances really nice, I run them closed 90% of the time. Only time they’re closed is when I can’t get it loaded right or am not able to balance the load over the closed center because of weight variations and I need the capacity of the spread. Either way,open or closed tandems the trailer pulls very good.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the mud flap hanger, it’s a piece of soft aluminum angle that’ll bend very easy if you back up against a curb and pin the mud flaps. I have since replaced mine with a custom made hanger that I like better, really probably more just personal preference.

Extreme Trailer is a really good trailer, I haven’t even talked about the slide for the rear axle, or how the wiring harnesses are ran, there’s just a lot of good designs about them, give em a look.

Long post but wanted to give a few details and examples.

Elroythekid, CMN19, Ruthless and 6 others Thank this.
  9. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Well growing up in the days of City's being King of Aluminum trailers and now running a 23 year old Fruehauf combo and 110k beams. Im considering a replacement. I love my 42 combo, but all things end.

cke Thanks this.
  10. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    An aquaintance has one since march? No issues yet and he likes it. He's a steel hauler and said its lighter than a comparable mac. He's around 31? empty with a 379 with a custom 102" bunk and cat so you know its not a particularly light truck

jamespmack and 2CAN Thank this.
  11. MoneyMan Canada

MoneyMan Canada Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Just spoke with one of my customers who bought one in August. Couldn't be happier. He is reporting a 1 MPG increase over his 2015 Reitnouer. And that's primarily burning winter diesel so he thinks that number will increase once summer diesel returns.
    I've got about 25 of my customers who are currently pulling these trailers and to date everyone is very pleased with them. Haven't heard anything bad yet.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.