F2F TRANSPORT= Unscrupulous!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by GYPSY3, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Seems that Some people never got their final settlement out of F2F period…….

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    mp4694330 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Like me ...

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Leasing on is the biggest scam. Why would you ever let someone else have any influence over your business?! Is it enough that the government micromanaged everything.? You can get your own numbers and succeed. Run towards the direction of work, not away. You can do this. Never let anyone interfere with your success. Fortuna Faviet Fortibus

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    bamanation and nikmirbre Thank this.
  5. darklyth

darklyth Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2013
    I posted a video on my YouTube a couple years ago, entitled f2f transport fuel card. At the time they were receiving a dollar per gallon discount, according to the EFS app at the time, at Speedway locations. Meanwhile, we were being charged full price for the fuel on our settlements. Now, you can keep your comments to yourselves about how they don't have to offer that. The problem is that Alex and the bunch blatantly lied to anyone that asked about fuel discounts, claiming they didn't have enough trucks to get fuel discounts, aside from the 10 cent rebate from Pilot locations each month.
    There is a $200 per week charge for renting their trailers as well. The trailer I rented was brand new, as I pulled it from the dealership. I was informed that it had zero warranty on it, Fresh from the line, and that I was responsible for everything. All repairs are arranged through f2f, and paid for by them, then deducted from your settlement. Of course, since all new trailers have warranties, and f2f has proven that they have no problem lying through their teeth to make a buck, who's to say they don't get reimbursed for those warranty repairs and just keep the cash? This is the problem with the discount program and the lies they told. Everything is questioned, and they cannot be trusted. I, absolutely, will never look toward f2f again, and will warn everyone I can to stay as far away as possible. I was there nearly two years. If anyone is thinking about leasing on with them, don't do it.
    Incidentally, if you even think about going through their direct program and being dispatched, be prepared to go out of business very quickly. That was an absolute disaster for everyone that was part of it. The guy running the thing made his introduction to the company by flooding a customer with trucks, to show off as he put it, and lost the contract on both ends. From what I understand he hasn't learned a thing, and the few people I know that jumped to their direct program when rates went to hell, actually managed to lose even more money running direct.
    The company cannot be trusted, and if you think they can then you just haven't asked the right questions yet.

mwhjr1988 Thanks this.
  6. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Well I was leased to them too. First off they tell you up front what the fuel discount was .10 off per gallon. Were they getting a discount and not passing it through? I don’t know nor did I care. I had my own fuel card and got great discounts. As for the trailer I think it was $230 a week for a 6 year old Utility Flatbed. Once again they didn’t surprise me with that payment out of the blue. I knew going in what the deal was. I personally don’t blame them for charging for all the maintenance on the trailers. It would cost a fortune to take care of trailers that guys neglected if it were just handed over for free. Funny how guys will typically take of things that they have to pay for if they mess it up. What you need to be complaining about is how it took you two years at a company to figure out it was a bad long term business plan from the start. That select program they have is perfect for someone that wants to get a feel for being 100% independent. But only for a very short time. Giving away 20% of your money is insanity especially running the load boards. Most guys don’t realize just how easy it is to be an independent Owner. It took me about three months to come to the conclusion that F2F is a decent company that really doesn’t do anything for you but sign ratecons. It took me another three months to buy a trailer get my own numbers and weeks vacation to get my last check of course. Then I snatched those F2F stickers off quicker than I put them on:) At the end of the day if you are going to lease onto someone. Find a company that has decent contracted freight that’s in a lane that you like and help service them. F2F is not that company, at least they weren’t when I left. However if you’re nervous about going 100% independent from the jump. F2F is a great starting point to get your feet wet. But load board freight is cheap already so it’s not a good long term business plan for anyone. That’s my opinion anyway…….

7. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia

Exactly the reason I'm leasing onto them right now. I've ran my own truck leasing underneath others for several years now and I want them out of my pocket. I'm looking to F2F as a stepping stone. How are things going for you today, still in business?

8. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Yes I am still in business. It’s a grind right now. Last week I did 9 loads total. Right now I am doing ok. I’ve been on my on 2 years Oct 1. I highly recommend you make a hard push to stack what money that you can and get your own numbers. You will have some brokers act shady about a new authority. Find a few while you’re with F2F. Let them know your plans and they’ll work with you.

Matt1924 and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    Appreciate the reply. Plan to do exactly that. Thank you.

bamanation Thanks this.
  10. trent3233

trent3233 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Fremont, CA
    For those reading this, no carrier can hold settlements if all items are returned but they can hold escrow. F2F knows this but they are big and you are little so they don't care.
    Kinda like after they bought the company and the 1 driver that was owed didn't get paid. He called one of the investors and said he was going to sue him. His response: Go ahead and good luck. They do not care about right or wrong.

mwhjr1988 and snowlauncher Thank this.
  11. trent3233

trent3233 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Fremont, CA
    That is true, but he called one of the original investors and threatened to sue him and he just said go ahead. All the others that F2F owed in the purchased got paid. I was one of them and we had a group on FB. They bailed the company out and ruined what it was. Well, take the financial issues away and there was nothing like it. Today, typical bottom feeder company.

mwhjr1988 and Matt1924 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.