F4T6UY’s Big Fat Thread of Accountability

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by F4T6UY, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I would cut down on the salt. Ya said a bunch of salt. Lemon juice works as a salt substitute on some stuff. Just a few sprinkles on some things. Don't know if it would work like that with salsa tho.

F4T6UY and Coover Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Apple cider vinegar works well as a salt sub

4. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Well, salt is big in this house. I try to get away from the table salt, but I gotta use a ton of pink Himalayan salt or something like that to equate the ‘salt’ taste of table salt.

I’m of the believe that salt is not the enemy. But table salt as we generally consume it is the enemy.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  5. Albertaflatbed

Albertaflatbed Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Nisku, AB
    That salsa looks pretty good F4T6UY!

I have never made salsa but have thought about it. I'll have to give it a try.

F4T6UY Thanks this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I just do 23 hours of fasting and eat about 2lbs of food in one hour. Been loosing weight about 3lbs a week. Did this diet 2 years ago with about 50lb loss but gained back once I started eating 3 times a day.

Started my plan again 3 days ago with a 48 hr fast, and instantly down 10 pounds in 2 days. It’s a wonder how much food our intestines hold.

weighing yourself before sleep, first thing waking up, right after you visit the guard shack to drop your load, gives you a sense of how much food you can eat in one day. I stopped counting calories because of this.

Example:

I weigh 269 before I go to sleep 4 hours after I eat, I weigh 266 (dry weight before water and coffee) in the morning after full 8 hours sleep. (Hrs of sleep is very important). Now after water and coffee I visit the guard shack to drop my load, weigh myself again to see how heavy the load was. At this time I know exactly how much load I produce after full night sleep. Giving me a ball park figure of how much I can eat. Now when it comes time to eat I’m down even more since I haven’t eaten anything all day. Only drinking water and coffee. I am about 266 right before I eat, and I know this includes water weight so I’m really 265 or 264 dry. Now I can eat 2lbs of food and I’ll be around 268-269 including water.

but you say your at 269 again so your not losing. You are correct if and only if you don’t understand how some of the laws of the universe work.

you cant produce more energy then you put in.

taking into account that my body needs about 4200 calories to maintain its current weight but I’m consuming only about 3200 calories.

Daily diet includes lots of meat. Little if no bread, maybe a tortilla or 2, but always at the end never in the beginning.

I’ve eaten 3-4lbs of beef/chicken/pork and not gained weight the next day. Soon as I include bread and eat 2-4 times a day it’s a whole different story.

Hope that gives you insight, because if we use the same mentality we use on our trucks (we know every sound, crackle, pop and can tell if somethings off) we can know when and how much to eat.

Also giving our intestines and stomachs a rest of more than 8 hours starts a process called autophagy or something like that where your stomach and intestines starts repairing itself.

Sirscrapntruckalot and F4T6UY Thank this.
  7. TexasRiverRat

TexasRiverRat Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2021
    My wife switched us to Redmond Real Salt, and I put it on everything. My blood pressure is getting better, but my weight is down too. There's no way I could say it's a benefit directly related to switching, but it's definitely not hurting anything.

The important thing is to not give up. Even small changes can make a big difference.

F4T6UY and Albertaflatbed Thank this.
  8. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Thank you. Redmonds. I had forgotten that name. I’ll need to look out for that and try that one.

9. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I’ve done the weigh multiple times a day thing, and yes weight fluctuates with intake, output (took me a minute to get the guardshack/load reference lol), and other factors. But all it really taught me was not to weigh myself that often. In the morning, right after I pee, is my weight.

Counted calories back in the day as well. The science of that is proven. But it’s just a PITA and a bit obsessive for my ADHD.

The facts are, there’s 3500 calories in one pound of fat. You need to know your calorie maintenance in order to put yourself in a calorie deficit. So, if your caloric maintenance is 4200, taking in 3700 calories a day will result in one pound of fat loss over the course of one week. 3200 will result in 2 lbs in a week.

There was actually a doctor that went on a strict diet of twinkies and something else. All he did was stay 500 calories a day below his maintenance, and he lost a pound a week eating twinkies. Brilliant!

But, it’s tricky. Everybody is different. One 270 lb man might need 4500 calories a day to maintain, while another man weighing the same may only require 3500.

Also, every time you lose a little weight, it changes and you have to recalculate. Plus, most people tend to go too low and lose quite a bit of lean muscle mass, simply becoming a lighter version of their fat self.

And, man, I put a lot of effort into weighing portions, looking everything up for calories, journaling everything. Too much. And I was always hungry and craving things.

Having an understanding of that stuff is good, and there’s certainly more than one way to skin a cat. It’s just a matter of following through with it.

So far, right now I’m doing good. Sticking to my no-weigh-in until February, but I can see it, and gaining back notches on my belt.

10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    that’s true 270lbs is different for everyone, because 270 at 5’9” is about 4500 but 270 at 6’2” is less then that.

as far as calorie counting what I mean is I already know what a steaks calorie is by remembering so or even a chicken breast.

my main goal of my calculation is if my body digests 2lbs of food a night, and I maintain my weight and I don’t drop or gain, then if i eat less then 2lbs I’m automatically negative. Now I get it that 2lbs of cake has more calories than 2lbs of beef, but you understand what I mean.

carbs and sugars are out of my diet. I stick to veggies and meat and 2lbs of that is no where near the calories needed to maintain my weight. because 2lbs of steak alone is about 1700 calories.

hope it helps.

F4T6UY Thanks this.
  11. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    It does help. It helps anybody that might read this thread looking for answers/ideas or anything related to weight loss.

That’s my goal of this thread. Anyone feel free to put on here what works for them. We may disagree and debate them, but hopefully we all learn something or get motivated to make that next move.

Whatever you find works for you, keep doing it. Different things work for different people.

Of course, lining up rails on the vanity mirror doesn’t count…

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Albertaflatbed and LoneRanger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.