Factory stereo amp fuse?????

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by paul 1052, Jun 5, 2011.

1. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    Does anyone know where the fuse for a factory stereo amp is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Seems like I remember seeing a fuse on the amp its self, my last Pete the amp was mounted in the headliner and the fuse was on the face of the amp.....not sure if it was a factory Pete setup or not I didn't own that truck..

4. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    What kind of truck would be a big help!

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Seeing its posted under PETERBILT , Along with '03 379/'02 Cat 6NZ in his signature,should sort of indicate the kind of truck he is looking for info on.

6. jr-transport

jr-transport Light Load Member

my 99 379 has it on the amp itself and it is in the headlinder-just like groundpunder said.
    Note: His sig says what kind of truck-and I'm jealous of him b/c he has a 6NZ.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  7. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    my bad, I tend not to notice all the sig stuff.....

But I have had an amp plug get loose some how a wiggle out. Something must have bumped the clip that it supposed to keep in inserted and locked.

8. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    It's fused before the amp somewhere, there's no power at the plug....I've checked the fuses and relays by the clutch pedal at least 6 times too.

No fuse on the amp either.

9. jr-transport

jr-transport Light Load Member

there is a fuse block in the dash, but I don't think that the amp gets any power from there.........could check though.

10. getrdone

getrdone Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2012
    connell washington
    There is a LARGE fuse holder behind the dash panel that holds the speedo and tach . I had this same problem and had to call the stereo guy for paccar @ the factory to find it . same truck as you . its hard to find , Its a large holder as i said and its at the bottom of the panel buried in a bunch of wiring . If i remember right there is a cap on the dang thing ( covered in rubber) so its a lillte hard to see . Just get in there and dig around youll find it . If that fuse is blown the whole stereo will not work . Hope this helps , Jerry .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.