failing az

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by lee worsdell, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    Dad taught an 8 week course at STI back in the 70-80s (if any of you remember that far back when it was called that) in Moose Jaw; nobody passed that didn't know exactly what they were doing.......the instructors were even qualified to give the road test back then, on behalf of SGI.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    A lot of courses have a week or two of filler stuff aka watching 40 year old videos or a week straight of learning trailer wiring which most megas won’t let you touch.

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    .. yep, pre Regan era things were bloody peachy

5. lee worsdell

lee worsdell Bobtail Member

May 21, 2020
    They just had a guy had to redo his driving test. He was a 25 year trucker failed 3 times

6. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Unless he never used his license or had some kinda serious issue I don't see why he would have to do the road test again?..I've known drivers who even forgot to hand in their medical, got downgraded back to 'G' got it done after 4 months of not knowing and still issued back their 'Az'.

7. Sether

Sether Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Ingersoll ON
    Last I checked when you do your road test you don't even have to open the hood for your pretrip just have to tell the evaluator what you would be inspecting under the hood.

8. lee worsdell

lee worsdell Bobtail Member

May 21, 2020
    Not any more you need to do everything in order and say it the way that instructor wants it. You don't fail.
    My one son gots his 3 years ago made 2 mistakes in the way he talked about pressure so instructor asked him again. Now there private instructors that work for one big company, no more mto guys. You say one thing and you see them put a mark down my as well not even continue. getting sad

9. Canadian_Trucker

Canadian_Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2020
    If you're worried, then that means you're concerned, which is good. This should motivate you to try even harder and to take note of every single detail. Most people do fail because they don't perform the PTI properly to the examiner, so really drill that into your system.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.