Fake Smokestacks

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    You seen any of the three stack trucks ? One fake one one each side , and the real one running up behind the cab .

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Ive seen several DPF show trucks done up this way. Mostly 389/w900's. Big stacks but then a weed burner cause the chrome dosent handle the heat of regen without discoloring.

4. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Does it still matter when the truck with fake stacks blows by you on a 6% grade with a full jag on and you never see them again?

alds Thanks this.
  5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Every Scottlynn Truck on the Road lol.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    fss99701 Thanks this.
  7. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Most of the trucks you see with 2 stacks, that have come with 2 stacks for years have both connected.
    4900, 4900ex, w900, w900l, 389, 389x, t800, coronado.

All these trucks the pipes are normally connected unless it's a special order. Something like Scotlynn, who gets weed burners with faux stacks to keep the classic look and symmetry of the 389.

As for the W900 leaving? Nah KW, nor Peterbilt won't be getting rid of those for some time. As the new generation of trucks, 579, T680 cab style, are plagued with electrical and water problems, due to poor design.

Hell we are switching our entire fleet over to the classic style because of all the electrical problems paccar is having with it's new style cabs. They even admitted to us, that if we ran south only we would have less issues, but the cold in canada basically makes the truck fall apart. Lol

I blame the engineers.

RubyEagle and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  8. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I mean I don't mean to pick on Paccar. Freightliner has it's issues too, but I mean wow.

Out of every truck I have driven/owned, the t680 platform and the pete twin are the two worst designed trucks I ever had the bad luck of driving. The dash cluster sucks, you cant see the mirrors at night cause of the dash lights, the onboard nav is horrible. The cab seals leak, the wiring harnesses short constantly, the truck feels like it's going to roll over in the gentlest of curves, the mirrors are useless, no wiper blade works on it properly for snow, the blower motor is terrible and offers no real comfort in cold or heat in the front, the headlights suck so bad they might as well not have any, and when it snows, or rains, or the road is wet you lose all visibility from mirrors or side windows because the geniuses at Paccar put aerodynamics over actual functional operating ability, and the water/dirt falls directly to the side windows and mirrors making them all but unusable.

Just to name a few reasons why the w900 wont be going anywhere at least for a while. Or should I say, the 'Classic' look.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Could we just get an honest assessment please, without the fluffing it up.

Oxbow, BigHossVolvo, dunchues and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.