Falsifying logs

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Littledreamer2224, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    In our case the company took the fines however they never had another driver logging for them which is a monster no no .. also the amount guys went over hours was small but happened too often .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Littledreamer2224

Littledreamer2224 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2021
    I want to think this could possibly be the situation in my scenario, but they've had a DOT compliance person for quite a few years even prior to their last audit. But they haven't exactly had any of the best people in this position and I think that's why I'm catching a lot of this stuff sadly.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  4. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    I appreciate your feedback, and most definitely going to be CYA! Just got to get all the data and information ahead of time so that way I can start communicating with them so that way it's clearly known that I know what they're doing is illegal and my goal is to help them stay in compliance in the right way, if that's even possible.

5. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    Great feedback and great way to handle it. Most everything I do is through text or email so it will continue to be so that way I have a paper trail to cover my butt. Thanks!

6. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    Sadly this is what scares me and this is one reason I am looking for a way out by finding another job. But in the meantime I have to do what I can to protect my drivers and my butt. I hear this is quite common sadly. Definitely wasn't what I dealt with at my last job but it was a lot smaller company and slightly different work focus, with a trucking side.

7. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    So when I started here I started discovering other company names in the midst of all the paperwork that I had, come to find out very similar situations have happened in the past where the company lost their DOT numbers so they just started up a new one. I have a feeling no matter how I address this it's not going to change.

8. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    I actually did have a contact that I was working with on something else that was questionable, then they just stopped responding to me so I need to get in touch with them again. Hopefully I can find somebody that can be more helpful again as this is a lot more in-depth of an issue than what I initially brought to their attention.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  9. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    To supervisors did. They set up a dummy account to use for the mechanic shop, and from there they decide to use that login. When we set up drivers in our ELD system we set up the same format of login so technically anybody can log in as another driver anytime they want. I've also seen it where the supervisors have asked the drivers to log in as the supervisor. The reason I caught that is because the supervisor ended up in violation. That's one that I did not fix and he stuck with that violation because there is no legal way to change that.

Socal Xpress and brian991219 Thank this.
  10. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    I am in charge of it, but my direct supervisor through the company I work for would not allow for it. And it was set up for a different reason from what I was told and it's how I use it which is yard moves to the mechanic shop and only used by the mechanics, but when I discovered one of the drivers logged in as the mechanic after the fact I didn't realize what was happening until I tried to correct it the right way and I was told to stop by one of the supervisors of the carrier.

11. Littledreamer2224

Aug 29, 2021
    I can't greatly think you enough for all the information as this is what I was looking for. It gives me more information that I can go to the company to let them know what they are looking at if they continue to run things the way they do. I did come across some of the info you posted in my own research but was still a bit confusing. Based on all of this I have my hands full and trying to address this and correct this behavior, but in the meantime I know that I should keep my eyes open for something else because I have a feeling this is not going to change as this is how the company sees themselves moving forward and making money. Sadly money is always the key factor behind everything, but if I can bring to them the potential repercussions and fines maybe they we'll take it serious. My goal is to bring this to their attention with possible solutions and because of this I hope this will turn in the right direction. Thank you so much!!

MACK E-6, Dieselboss and brian991219 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.