Farm2Fleet

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by NoCoCraig, Jul 14, 2013.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Wow, thank you so much

EnglishMark and Tjackson4 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gilbertbb

Gilbertbb Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Carrollton, GA
    Hey I'm new here and don't have enough post to send you a private message. Is there a thread where I can go to ask information about F2F? I'm just wanting to ask someone who works there some general questions. Thanks in advance.

4. latitude34az

latitude34az Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Snowflake, AZ
    Hey Noco,

Just curious if there is any limit as to how much time you can take off with F2F? My wife and I would like to find somewhere to lease on to where we can drive for 2-3 weeks and then take 2 weeks off. Our truck will be paid for, and since our house is paid for and we have no utility bills (our house is off grid solar powered) we have very few bills and would like to semi-retiree. We are a couple of years away from doing this, but if F2F allows this, we might make a move now so we don't have to move later.

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    You are the boss here and you find your own loads. How much you work is entirely up to you. I kinda like you plan

BigBadBill and latitude34az Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I have been known to not get behind the wheel of my truck for stretches as long as 2 months and no-one says a word about it. Year before last according to logs I worked 7 months. Last year 6 months. This year trending about the same. It's not that I'm retired. Far from it. I just prefer working when the freight's good and parking when it's not. But sometimes when it's good I'll knock off for a week or two to keep from burning out. Keep more money operating this way than I ever did running more than twice the miles and working 11 months a year before F2F.

7. latitude34az

latitude34az Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Snowflake, AZ
    NoCo...Thanks for the response. I have one other question for you since you also team. Is there much team freight available? It sounds like there is some nice paying shorter solo runs, but we like to stretch our legs and run some distance when possible. Also, since you seem to go to Phoenix from time to time, how are the loads in and out of there? AZ is home and we have to go back once a month for my Army Reserve drill weekends and don't want to take to big of a hit in the wallet to have to get there.

Rollin....Thanks for the info, it's good to know!

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  8. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Most loads posted on load boards are solo freight but we have no problem negotiating early delivery dates. Phoenix is usually a problem for outbound freight so it may be tough. We wanted to go to spring training so were willing to run a little cheaper but we ended up doing very well into and out of Phoenix so you never know.

Lady K, latitude34az and BigBadBill Thank this.
  9. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.
    Some of us like money more than you Chris !!

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Can't ever accuse me of not liking the money and the best part I have never kept more net than I do here working half as hard. When things are down you just ain't gonna force money to happen when it ain't there. Granted I have had some unfortunate downtime here and there at the worst possible times when it was busy. I do hate that cause you can't ever get it back. Right now my truck is down for new kingpins and I won't get it back until Tuesday. Then I have to bring it back home as soon as I get it back to service it and breakdown, remount, rotate the steers before I can hit the road. Honestly though I'm not all that anxious to get real busy until maybe Thursday afternoon to let this 72 DOT check thing pass. I had planned on running local and sticking to backroads until the kingpin thing. I imagine this week will be pretty hot for rates lots choose to park now. You guys be careful and make sure you have everything you need in those permit books, got everything up to snuff logs wise too.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  11. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.
    Just busting your chops for fun. Yea I'm getting some PM work done this week and letting everybody else worry about the Blitz.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.