Farm2Fleet

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by NoCoCraig, Jul 14, 2013.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Well this has been a pretty awesome couple of weeks. We keep trying to take time off but the brokers keep throwing crazy money at us. This weeks paycheck is going to be nice. We finally did get home for a couple of days and there we were relaxing and hanging by the pool and I started getting antsy and opened up my laptop "just to see if rates were still awesome" I said. Anne rolled her eyes and informed me that SHE was taking the week off. Long story short I am up in Ohio......alone. Got a load headed back to Chattanooga I will be picking up in two hours and I really am going to take a few more days off. Have a couple of fault codes that need to be looked at by Volvo so I really CAN'T work. Let me just say that nobody that knows me was surprised when I started going crazy after four days off work. I think we need to take a cruise so that I can't work.

milskired, Lady K, Bumper and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I just noticed that you don't have Big Bad Bill or BBBLotLiz under people you have meet. :biggrin_25513:

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    How's it going Craig ?

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    They limit the size of the signature. am maxed out

6. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    It is going great. We are very happy being in charge of our own lives and getting home all the time. We almost feel like "regular" people

BigBadBill, TruckDuo and Lady K Thank this.
  7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    How easy would it be for someone with no O/O experience to be successful at Farm2Fleet? The reason I'm asking is because I've many times contemplated going the O/O route, but never seriously followed up on it. This quote from the webpage has me intrigued again.

1catfish, BigBadBill and Tomegg Thank this.
  8. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Craig and Ann bought their truck and leased to us. Zero experience. Out of 47 trucks I would estimate that 1/3 are new O/O's. Success with us is more about being able to think like a business person than having experience as an O/O. Most experienced O/O's couldn't make it here. That is why less than 5% of people that apply get approved.

9. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.
    Bill speaks the truth !! BUT "Success with us is more about being able to think like a business person than having experience as an O/O." says alot. Bill has the knowledge to help you as well as others within the Farm2Fleet family. We will answer any questions you have. Just ask. Don't just ask Bill. Ask his O/Os.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Just finished reading this thread as I am very curious about businesses like F2F, as opposed to being a Company Driver, etc., and appreciated all the info provided above... But I do have just one question...

@NoCoCraig: reading your horror story about first getting your '09 Volvo and all that was involved with it prior to the new slightly used engine... (Almost made me rethink this whole O/O idea... lol)... Well... It's been what over a year now... Are you still running with this rig and how has it been since installing the newer engine? (the Volvos have caught my eye more than once.)

Also, I saw a few names to contact at F2F for more info... Are these still the people to contact?

11. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Yep, still have the 09 Volvo. Maintenance will always be an issue but we love the truck About to hit a million miles on the odometer and we love it. I will pm you with my contact info

Flattbedder Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.