Farm2Fleet

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by NoCoCraig, Jul 14, 2013.

1. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Sounds like You and Whoopnride have Some-timers, Sometimes you remember Sometimes you don't.

mc8541ss and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I cannot believe I let the Volvo Dealer in Chattanooga convince me my instrument cluster was bad. $1,136 and I still have the same problem. The cluster flickers on an off intermittently including the radio power. I am suspecting the ribbon cable to the steering wheel radio volume controls. Have no idea what my options are with the dealer on the non-fix. I guess I could dispute the cc charge but they are the Volvo in my hometown and I do not want to burn that bridge. I guess we will find out on Tuesday morning

4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Check grounds. I don't know that truck so there could be a hazard to it, but in general I might try to run a test-ground from the panel with a clip-lead and see if things change. After that I'd take the various plugs out and DeOxit the contacts.

Dave_in_AZ and NoCoCraig Thank this.
  5. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Those instrument panels are known to go bad. I drove a Volvo 670 once and the tachometer and speedometer would go crazy. I guess they assumed that was your issue even though you had different symptoms.

NoCoCraig Thanks this.
  6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the volvo dealer in Chattanooga is #2 on the list of dealers I will not take my truck to unless i'm on the hook

it took them a week to replace a turbo, after they had the parts (company truck) 2,500 miles later it had 1 egr tube blow right out the side of the hood because they did install it right.....

it took them 2 1/2 weeks to replace the head (company truck) AFTER volvo rushed a head to them...(we had the 1st d13 to even need a new head....110,000 on the truck).. they didn't order parts need to replace the head.... how is it that you know you need to replace the head and NOT ORDER the parts needed......?? every day it was we need to order this part or that part....... 3,200 miles later we had to have ALL 6 injectors replaced because they didn't seat the injectors in the cups right....

last time was my truck, and yes I was on the hook..... bolt broke holding the pipe going from the turbo to the cac. fine need a new pipe and bolt they found the CAC was bad.... well she has 1,000,000 on her.... new cac from volvo was $1,400 and can leak up to 5 psi out of the box with a 1 year warranty so I order a dura-lite with 2 day rush and tax $1.245 and 800,000 miles 10 year ZERO leak warranty, btw dura-lite is a factory oem replacement part that I could order from volvo for $1,800.... they were not happy about that then when they were installing the cac they DROPPED my hood breaking the bug shild and making a 5" round egg shell crack that will take 4 DAYS to fix.....

on my list of deales I WILL NEVER GO TO is a tie for #1....tyler, tx. & portage, in.

HopeOverMope and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. askbob

askbob Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Bluegrass

You could always plant flowers around it. Lol
    Yep parted with the KW. Picked up a couple more though.

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Be the Ginny pig for us :p

10. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    You guys have read the threads about them yet you're still asking if they would be a good company to lease on with???????

11. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Sometimes we go for sarcasm. Other times we go for a beer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.