Farm2Fleet

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by NoCoCraig, Jul 14, 2013.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    So, maybe the FIFTH time is the charm. After dropping the truck off at Volvo in Forest Park GA on Friday morning, I called on Monday afternoon when I had not heard anything and they said they were still trying to diagnose. So I called again on Tuesday Morning because they had not called me with an estimate yet and they said they still had diagnosed it. I said "for any of the three problems?" and he said "what....three? Let me look....oh yeah. We have not pulled it in yet so all three will get looked at" ????????
    Me: You have not pulled it in? When, exactly, will that happen?
    Him: maybe tonight or we will try tomorrow
    Me: Do not touch it, I will be there in a hour to pick it up.

We delivered in Seattle this morning and I am at TEC (Volvo in Seattle) and they just promised me they will get it in today.
    We will see. The transmission has to get fixed and this regen thing is a joke.

but....a weekend by the pool with family in Seattle. We are planning on taking Monday and maybe Tuesday off too. Don't want to get used to working for a living and King Felix is pitching on Tuesday.

milskired Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Sorry about all your problems with the Volvo. It will get better !

4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the hard part is finding a GOOD Volvo shop

SGTSmokdU and NoCoCraig Thank this.
  5. SGTSmokdU

SGTSmokdU Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  6. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Don't let those monkeys in Seattle touch your truck. If you have questions I will pm you the phone number from our mechanic and he will give you about 500 examples of stuff they have screwed up on our trucks.
    The best experience I had so far was TEC in Willsonville OR. I went there once with out an appointment between drops in Portland. They fixed a couple of warranty things and ordered a small part and sent it to our office so I could install it myself that was warranty also.

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Chattanooga Volvo took 4 days to install a turbo "company truck" 4000 miles later the egr tube's "both" blew-up... as in one of them went thru the side of the hood...! flagstaff Volvo it was because when the turbo was install they bent the egr tube's......

tyler tx Volvo ruined the head (same truck as above) by not torking the head correctly when they changed the injector cups

Chattanooga Volvo took 2 weeks to replace the head, they didn't order ALL THE PARTS at the same time, got the head but no head gasket, then no cam bearings, then valve shims... 2500 miles all the injectors and cups had to be replaced because they didn't seat the injectors correctly....

elpaso tx Volvo stayed open a extra hour to finish installing the injectors and cups on a saterday

TEC in Willsonville OR

if I can I will always try to get to leardo tx valley truck. fast & cheap... showed up at 10:00 with white smoke out the stack.... 11:30 it's a bad egr cooler truck finished at 17:45 with new egr cooler 2 new egr valves all for under $3k

8. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    The problem is with the EGR ISX, when the turbo is replaced many more things have to be replaced and cleaned at the same time or it will go out again and again. That is straight from a very close friend who was a warranty writer in Indianapolis at the Cummins HQ and then after that was a service writer at the Cummins shop in Chicago. To many shops try to go the cheap route and not do all the work required.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    all of what I said was a Volvo with a Volvo d13

milskired Thanks this.
  10. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    I live near Chattanooga and I wouldn't take a lawn mower to be repaired there at World Wide Equipment! If I have to take my Volvo someplace I take it to Volvo in Nashville.

Bill.....We do need to get together sometime! Can you keep a team busy with a 48 ft conestoga flatbed?

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Nashville Volvo is good but I had to have words with them the last time.....

the work was done right but who ever the a-- was that took it for a test drive took a turn so fast my fridge came out of the cabinet, frozen food on the floor glass shelf was on the floor ice qube tray was on the bed.......!!! and they didn't tell me about it at the time just closed the curtain...

went off on the service writer and the mechanic then went back to the truck and fixed every thing, the next day went back and went off on the shop manager because I didn't even get a SORRY the day before... I will say the shop manager was a stand up guy about it, he even offered to pay for the food

I will be back....

salt lake city Volvo lost ALL the keys to my truck.... we dropped it off went to the motel 2 days latter they call and asked why we took the keys with us...?
    "they need the keys to start the truck to check it out" the truck was in the shop, when we left it was parked OUTSIDE with a trailer... they had to make new keys for the truck, gladhand lock, kingpin lock, and buy us 2 new master locks, we used then on the doors when pulling hasmat in CA.

when you find a good shop work with them anytime you can. get a relationship going with them it will work out for you in the long run....

I have a very good relationship with the leardo dealer, I get in faster, I can call and tell them when something is wrong and they will be ready for me when I get in, they will special order parts in for me and I don't have to pay for them before I get their, rick (manager) knows I want to go to the bigger fuel tanks I have 120's and want to go to 150's

he had a new truck come in and it looked like someone keyed 1 of the tanks so they had to change it he called me and asked if I still wanted to change tanks because he had a NEW $1,800 150gl drivers side tank he would let me have for $300.... he's holding it (unpaid for) for me now

vikingswen and milskired Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.