Fass Fuel System

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by pheebo, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Polarbear

Polarbear Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2007
    USA
    For a few hundred bucks regardless of which fuel system you go with, there are only benefits to having a fuel filtration system. Davco makes a great filter. I had one on my last truck and it lasted for 600,000 miles with no injector failures.

With fuel costs as high as they are, I am looking to do anything to curb costs. If it works, great! If not then, oh well. So far I have seen upwards of 9.17 mpg out of a 2007 Coronado with a detroit series 60 engine. My average is around 7.5 mpg right now, but I am planning on adding Schaffer's differential oil and transmission fluid as well as inflating my super singles to 115 psi. I estimate a gain of .5 mpg more.

If I see 9.6 mpg I am going to throw a party or something. LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coalhauler625

coalhauler625 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2009
    somewhere in VA,KY or WV
    how long does it take to fill filters up i recently changed filters but my 150system wouldnt fill up filters i can hear motor humming but no fuel also restriction gauge in dash of my pete reads 0 when running so i assume its working

4. ENR

ENR Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ontario
    bump for this.... ( considering the 220G )

5. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    I purchased the airdog fass system out of Shelbville,ind. approx. 5 months ago. Then this month the motor went out on it, has approx. 30K miles on it. Called for warrenty. They had me call their sister company in Mo., supposedly bought their rights back for it and the Mo. company is now handling all the systems for big rigs. They are supposed to be sending me a new motor and recommend I purchase an updated wiring harness for it. So I did.($100).
    Hopefully I get it before christmas as I called them 1st of Dec.
    I installed this system because I was having fuel problems which was a new replecement mechanical fuel pump.
    I will update once I receive replacement pump and wiring harness.

6. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Finally got the replacement pump and updated wiring harness.
    Still at home for christmas break but was about ready to go out.
    Starting to question getting it installed.

7. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm contemplating buying the FASS setup for my DD15. I don't have anything other than the factory tri-filter setup right now

8. that65

that65 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Lincoln,Ne.
    I don't see any benefit, unless you have a problem with low fuel pressure, or air, I'll do some more wrenching on mine to get the fuel pressure stable before I go wasting clean hard cash.............

9. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    I can think of lot of other things we waste money on like our government.

But the airdog actually has a few other benifits also: better starting, better for the injectors, can smooth out rough idle, possibly better fuel economy.
    Just my 2 cents

10. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah just a .1 mpg increase would pay for itself twice over the course of a year. Plus the finer filtration would reduce the # times I'd have to replace the DD15 3-pack, at $150+ a pop.

11. that65

that65 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Lincoln,Ne.
    That's what you believe, If its so great they would put them on at factory, DUH...A mechanical transfer pump or fuel pump is way more reliable than a electric, period............................

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.