FAT people are Discriminated against at prime

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikebrown611, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Didn't mean to imply you were sporting a vast waistline. Only that what waistline is often claimed does not reveal the entire picture.
    And just as you read an implied dig at you, isn't that what you just did to me? FYI, my waistline is 35", I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 200#.
    My apologies for an unintended insult.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I speak on behalf of fat ppl...just because im big doesn't mean anything. ..I did flatbed for 3 years...just because im fat doesn't mean I cant do my job...just because I breath hard dont mean ima die...I been breathing hard all my life...just because my neck is bigger the doctor tiny self don't mean I stop breathing in my sleep or dont get propper rest....how can a person say oh your 200lbs so u cant do what skinny ppl do...so im fat I should just sit at home and collect a disability check? I can do everything a skinny person can do besides fit in tight places lol

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I have no problem with fat people being denied and have done the denying as i was in charge of hiring. They show up proving they make horrible (life) decisions... Higher risks, health costs, potential for injury, downtime and more than likely a pigged out truck. Why should an employer expect you to treat their stuff better than you treat yourself? Because you say so when i can see its not true? First thing I look at is how someone respects themself, if that's whacked, no need to go on.

123456 and Emulsified Thank this.
  6. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Well actually boss. .if u do some research its more skinny ppl deing or having cardiovascula failure then big ppl...they are actually finding out its more healthy to be big then skinny

7. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    The finding was that its healthier to be in the higher end of your acceptable BMI, which isn't the same as being fat. People are supposed to have a healthy amout of fat on them but the main point of the study was that SKINNY people weren't typically as healthy as somebody with a healthy amount of fat. It never said being "big" was healthy.

Emulsified and Vito Thank this.
  8. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Its a difference between fat and big....look at nfl players? They big not fat...butvthe average person will call that fat

walstib Thanks this.
  9. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I love the way people twist things around to suit their needs.
    There's a huge (no pun intended) difference between a large person in shape and another person who is fat.
    Health is the key issue here, and as I recall this thread began by complaining how fat people are discriminated against, that fat being measured by the BMI index.
    Well whether the index is 'fair' or not, it is.
    And whether it's fair to discriminate against fat people or not, they are.
    And I can only surmise that fat people will be discriminated against more and more as the government takes over the health care and will need to find ways to cut costs.
    Fair? no
    Factual? more than likely.

10. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    let me ask u this......now if your skinny right? And we get out here work and play basketball or whatever kind of manual labor u desire and get my blood pressure checked and heart rate and its ok or matter of a fact good? I just carry a little more weight then you does that make unhealthy?

Now I do agree with someone that cant climb out the truck with out finna pass out is unhealthy

11. walstib

walstib Darkstar

It's a test that passed legal review so they could say "YOU'RE TOO FAT" without saying that and getting sued and protested by NAAFA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.