fatality

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by diesel dawg, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    This driver should have no guilt, he didn't cause the accident, he was a victim.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesel dawg

diesel dawg Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    I went to mental health to day. the counselor told me it would be a bad ideal to speak to the father right now. She said he would ether tell me he new it wasn't my fault or blame me she thinks ether reaction would only make me fill worse. she told me I was suffering from situational depression and it was a normal reaction to things like this. The company lawyer about had a aneurysem when I told him I would like to talk to the man If he still wanted me too. I guess I will listen to the pros for now. and thax to everyone again for discussing this with me. It truly is a help to me.

Mev, 48Packard, xlsdraw and 2 others Thank this.
  4. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    if you need anything, let us know, we're here for you.

hal380, diesel dawg and SheepDog Thank this.
  5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Like Show TYME said we are here. I'm only a short piece down the road at Tuckerman when home.

SheepDog and diesel dawg Thank this.
  6. diesel dawg

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    well yesterday I received a certified letter telling me my lease has been terminated. Since it was Saturday I'm not for sure if this a normal thing since the truck was a total loss and I can sign a new lease when I get another truck or If I am simple fired. I'll be a little worried untill Monday when I can find out for sure one way or the other. I do think its a little crappy for the company not to tell me about this and just send a letter. On a positive note, I'm felling a little better and have started shopping for a new truck. my therapist tells me the sooner I get back to driving the easier it will be.

Mev, xlsdraw and SheepDog Thank this.
  7. diesel dawg

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    here are some photos of my truck. after the accident. and my company has assured me my job is safe that the letter I received was a normal thing and only a termination of the equipement lease . After looking at these photos that the insurance adjuster sent me I'm feeling pretty luck today.

Attached Files:

8. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I would say so, looks like the cab stayed intact, that's important.

9. diesel dawg

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    today its two weeks from the day the accent happened. I've been felling better so I decided to get out and drive a little. I drove down to the tow place that had my truck to see if I could salvage anything, about 200 mile round trip from the house. it was in my pickup and I was nervous the whole way, but I'm felling good about it now. I have began to mess work, although I'm still leery about returning. It will be at least another mouth or so before the insurance settles with me and then I will have to buy another truck. Guess thats about it everything is moving really slow. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.

xlsdraw, Stile, hal380 and 4 others Thank this.
  10. thetourman

thetourman Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Thanks for posting the update. I have been wondering how you are doing.

11. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Wow, never good when the cab detaches like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.