FBI Locks Down Pilot Flying J Headquarters

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Puppage, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Zen Trucker

Zen Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Well, maybe now I'll be able to find a place to park. ;)

mje Thanks this.
  3. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    No offense , O. K. .? Lots of your comments relate to simple stuff , like free coffee. I look at this from an Owner standpoint. Don't get me wrong , I Love seeing Crooks caught , whether its stealing a C.B. or millions of dollars.
    So , Pilot has a rebate program. Do you pay for your fuel ? Actually , you do , in the form of lower wages , if you're a company driver. You should be P.O. Did you even Think about Rebates ?
    Now, look at Loves . Same business model. Penny cheaper on fuel , most of the time. Work for a Big Company ? Western isn't that big, they were losing $450,000 PER MONTH!
    An O-O should NEVER be seen fueling at EITHER of these places , Unless they get a darn good deal , thru their Leesee. Are you O-O's getting that , if you're fueling at EITHER of these places ?
    If you're not , time past to check out NASTC.
    Is NASTC making money off your purchases ? Heck , yah ! They wouldn't be in business if they weren't.
    But look at their deal , compared to pump prices, or even OOIDA . Don't get me wrong , I'm a longtime Member of OOIDA , but the money for what they do for us has to come from somewhere , and it sure ain't your yearly dues ! Besides , I Hate PROGRESSIVE INS. A Commie owns them , and guesss where your premium profits go ? It ain't the Boy Scouts.
    All that said , if the Feds got Something right , finally , I hope the people involved FRY.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It boils down to they deliberately didn't pay out the rebates. If a company so happen to catch on they would say sorry it was a computer glitch and they would pay them. All the unsuspecting ones were screwed.

I hope they get what they got coming to them. The rich are never satisfied, they want it all. It's kind of funny with Western Express. They settled with them by conning them into buying a $7 million dollar jet for $1 million. It's a great deal. The jet wasn't even airworthy. Western Express sold it. :biggrin_2559:

Full story from about a hour ago... http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/19/ceo-pilot-run-the-right-way/

Jimmy Haslem's first play he implemented at the Browns was the old football under the shirt trick! :)

mje Thanks this.
  5. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    It's going to be fun to see how they talk themselves out of the Post Office fraud. One thing the government doesn't like is people taking them for a ride.

mje Thanks this.
  6. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Boy, are you right ! Government are the biggest Crooks of all, and they don't like competition ! Taxation is theft , pure and simple .

mje, EZX1100 and landstar8891 Thank this.
  7. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    Redistribution of wealth.. Trucking company(s) take from the drivers, Haslam takes from the company(s), government takes from the Haslams, government gives some back to the now broke drivers, so the company can take some more...... Circle of money... :biggrin_25525:

landstar8891 and EZX1100 Thank this.
  8. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    Hey, remember, Jimmy Haslam is a Football Owner! if you aint cheating, you aint trying!!! lol. i cant believe driving down Interstate 4 and seeing the Pilot's diesel prices. $4.01 now. I pay at Marathon $3.73 right now.

9. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    At least it wasn't your driver trainer ...

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I read a detailed article stating it's on tape that Pilot cheated Western Express out of over 6 million and only paid 1 million for the plane .
    But I love the Karma . How much have these carriers that got cheated cheated drivers and O/O's ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.