FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Hey you Texas Drivers… what the deal with parking on I35? Is it really that sparse or am I just not seeing your normal parking options? Other than Truck Stops, I don’t see many options. Very very few Rest Areas and you can’t just park on an On/Off Ramp with the way they use the frontage roads. I was getting a bit concerned that I might hit OK before finding anything.

I don’t drive down here all that often so more curious for next time if there is one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    You might be covering for me. That’s my normal region but took a couple days home time in San Antonio TX to hang out with the better half that was attending a conference there. Was nice to get off my beaten path, but will be nice to get back to running NC, SC, GA too.

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  4. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Been a tough week. Had to ask for detention on back to back loads. After dropping ATVs in Hoschton GA, sent to Chatsworth GA for carpet on a Menards two.stopper, one in Sullivan MO, there fours hours unload, finalled in Shell Rock IA. Was supposed to back load to Shelby IS or Norfolk NE but those loads cancelled. Then sent sent 4 hours south to Quincy IL, load picked up by another carrier. Sent to STL and the Pepsi plant for a 6 am Saturday pickup. Six hour wait as their "line was down." Finally departed at noon. T called in KC, grabbed a load to Four Oaks and currently in Mount Sterling KY waiting on my 10 to be up. Hope your weekend was slightly better than mine. Patience was tried. Oh well in the toilet. Deuces!

5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Thankfully those kind of weeks are rare. I’m usually whining for an hour to stretch out in the sleeper.

gntorres61 and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If you’re going south of dfw there are several new trucks stops open now between waco and Austin if you’re going that far.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So it used to be that I’d get planned out 3-4 days at a time and no one needed my ETAs to the next stop. They would plan the work and I’d work the plan. I’d prioritize the load and work personal life in around it. Simple and efficient. I’d hardly ever have to talk to anyone unless an issue popped up.

Now I’m hitting an issue where it seems nothing is planned out until I give them my ETA. Just the opposite.

I’m curious if others are hitting this too and it’s a change in planning company wide or if I’m still just that out of sync with my new DM.

Not wanting to ##### and moan, just trying to find a solution.

thanks

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    From what I hear from a few other drivers that had Ben, is this new guy seems a bit overwhelmed. Explain to him that it makes your job easier if your preplanned out, so you can be more efficient with your time.

MidWest_MacDaddy and xlsdraw Thank this.
  9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, at this point, that’s what I’m fearing. I talked to another Driver that had Ben and they too had similar stories and demanded a new DM. I’m hoping to avoid that especially if he can get up to speed but wanted to see if there was something bigger going on within planning and not just lay it on the new guy. Who is a very nice guy and former Driver too.

{deleted text… felt I rambled a bit too much for a public forum}

Let’s just say Ben had me spoiled.

And I’ll say up front, I highly doubt I could juggle a board with 40-50 drivers on it and not drop the ball daily. So I’m trying to keep that perspective as well.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  10. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
    On Mondays they all have hangovers

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Need to get routed through Fremont on a Sunday night!!!

M22 rockcrusher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.