fed ex freight

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by RJ33RD, May 28, 2010.

1. Azeron

Azeron Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2010
    On A Truck, U.S.A.

Any idea what a Driver Apprentice makes starting out? I am thinking of applying but I would have to relocate to a city where I have a family member. Wondering if that would be better than an OTR job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sandal0906

sandal0906 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I27
    At least they actually let you know where you sit with them. I have applied for everything they advertise City Driver, Road Driver, Driver Apprentice, and I call them up to check on my app, and they tell me, well the ternimal manager has to look over them first, if he's interested, he'll give you a call...son of a!!! Can't ya just throw me a frickin bone at least!!!

4. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    It took me three months total time for everything

5. sandal0906

Mar 1, 2010
    I27
    I kinda figured it would be a process, but I can't even get in touch with anyone up there to even talk about it. I'll keep my fingers crossed though. Im suppose to start hauling fuel here shortly, but if FedEx was to give me a chance, I would jump all over it. I've heard really good things about them, benefits, pay, ect. Definatly a company I would consider retiring with if everything that I heard was true.
    :biggrin_255:

6. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I officially started today and I have nothing good to say about the co . When I applied , I did it online that's why it took me so long but trust me if u get a call u got the job I went in to see the recruiter and spoke to terminal manager for my interview after that I did my road test and took my dot physical all that week . After that my hold up was my app and certain things must on point with it like employment dates and anything on your driving record. So from my interview to actually starting starting it took about three to four weeks. But if they call u got the job!!! Goodluck.

7. sandal0906

Mar 1, 2010
    I27
    Hope you meant you have nothing but good to say about the company?! Thanks for the info, looking foward to hearing about your journey, goodluck!!

8. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Lol I did mean nothing but good things to say about the company

9. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I will tell you now be prepared for a whole bunch of stress. I have been driving for 17 years and I have never been as stressed out with a job as I am here with Fedex. The rules and regulations here are enough to choke a mule. I understand now why the money and benefits are so good. I am glad you got the job BigRon you will be watching training videos and taking tests on the computer until you are blue in the face. Then you will attend a 1 week training class in either Atlanta or Dallas or possible another terminal depending on where you live.

10. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Thank you rookie, I'm watchin a lot of videos and I agree with you on the rules and policies like the mandatory lunch break . I kind of figured with the more money u make the more they want u to do , but me I jus take it day by day . That sounds good don't it until somebody pisses u off !!!!

11. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    You know I jus left a company where I was carrying roles of carpet and vinyl . Backing down alleys ( a full city block ) stocking a customers shelves , driving forklifts for the customer to unload my trailer for them because nobody either wants or knows how to operate a forklift . Working twelve to fourteen hour shifts daily , getting no rest at all and only making 16.50 an hour!! So if I'm going to bust booty for no money at all I rather bust booty for more money and yes the stress does get to u sometimes but its usually because of the wanting to get everything off his or her truck , making all your pick ups and then hammer down to go home !!! Well atleast for me !!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.