fed ex freight

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by RJ33RD, May 28, 2010.

1. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Hey Rook when u went to ur training for the week did u have to share a room and how did u get back and fourth to the motel or hotel . I was thinking of having my wife come up with me since my training would be done in harrisburg , pa . I could drive up there if they don't offer transportation. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Thanks rookie how long have u been with fedex.

4. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    They just started doing the driver training in Springfield, MO as well.

5. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Yeah rook I know road drivers make more and have less stress And sgreer I talked to my terminal manager and he told me that first I would hit the street before going to training.

6. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Well let me recap for a moment I started last wed or tues and me and two other guys in orientation start working on the dock tommorrow , to learn the dock operation and get crossed trained on using a yard truck or should I say the yard jockey position , which I already know for when I worked for central transport. Oh yeah its hottttttt as african monkey balls outside !!! ( and that's hot )

7. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Ok ok today I worked on the dock learning a little about how their system works . Basically the same , but I have to get more familiar with their handheld device tommorrow I start training on the road ( city P&D) let's get it.

8. cobra423

cobra423 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Hey BigRon or Rookie, how was it when you took the road test and the pre trip? Were the drivers nice? pretty relaxed? I do my pre trip every morning but it's been a long long time before I've had to talk through it. I have a road trip shcheduled for this Friday. I did an interview with a manager that didn't last long at all but seemed like a great guy. They did my MVR and whatever else they normally do. What can I expect on Friday? The girl that I talked to on Monday had talked about the road test and pre-offer something. Didn't catch it. Anyhelp is appreciated. I worked for Fedex Express for sometime before and can't wait to work for Fedex again.

9. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    When I did my road test I took it in a daycab pulling a set around . The test wasn't hard at all depending who tests u , you might have to do a pretrip but basicly its jus the basic check . Like u would normally do before u start work but after the test it took me about two or three weeks for safety to give my terminal manager the thumbs up for me to start. Goodluck and just take ur time .

10. cobra423

cobra423 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Thanks for the info BigRon, I appreciate the info. I'm glad I found this site, it seems to be the only one that has true information and just not complaining. I'll let you know how it goes.

11. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    There's quite a bit of complaining. Just look for the "I've been driving for 3 months and deserve a brand new truck that goes 80mph, no qualcomm, and 4000 miles per week at .40cpm, and be home Friday night until Monday morning" threads...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.