Fed up/3 weeks update

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Justflappingmygums, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Justflappingmygums

Justflappingmygums Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    So some of you asked to be kept in the loop about my situation with my boss. I think last night may have been the last straw.

In the last 2 weeks I’ve had a lot of stuff happen in my personal life, nothing extreme but I’ve had to spend a day or two out of the office to sort a few things out. This being said, I still manage my workload from home and nothing has suffered due to the two days I was out of the office. As a matter of fact, after I sorted out my personal stuff I spent the rest of my time going to o a few local businesses and speaking with their shipping heads and whatnot to try and get their business. So last night my boss calls me at 8 and tells me that she needs me early Friday morning. For the last 4 weeks she has known that I have to take this Friday off to move my sister into her college dorm and that it’s going to take the entire day. I reminded her if this and she proceeded to scream at me about how that’s a personal problem and basically told me I’m useless. And this job isn’t for me.
    I handle every single problem that happens in both of their companies. When she almost lost XPO as a customer for their carrier business I’m the one that got on the horn with them and fixed the situation.
    And now that I actually have customers and secured a brand new account that begins shipping next week for the brokerage apparently I’m useless. I’m just about done with this company, every time I turn around I’m getting yelled at and told that I’m no good and that it shouldn’t take this long to get customers. But now that I have them I’m useless? Lmao

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Sounds like you’ll be an excellent asset at the right company.

Opendeckin, AModelCat, Puppage and 2 others Thank this.
  4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    What's your noncompete situation look like?

5. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Step away from that job. Life is too short.

DSK333, AModelCat and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Justflappingmygums

Aug 9, 2018
    A laughable 5 year no compete, don’t worry though I’m the one that wrote the contract to her specifications, but I was smart enough to write a little loophole in there because I kinda saw this coming, She was supposed to give me 7 days written notice prior to termination and I’m supposed to give her 14 before quitting, obviously since she fired me last night that violates the contract.

Opendeckin and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Happy ending...

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  8. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    5 years? I'm reasonably sure that's unenforceable. I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on it, but that wouldn't fly anywhere in the US I don't think.

AthenaTrans Thanks this.
  9. Justflappingmygums

Aug 9, 2018
    It wouldn’t, but it’s moot anyway, she violated her own terms of agreement by firing me without notice. I personally after seeing first hand some of the shady #### they do on the carrier side I’m kinda glad to be outta there before she started trying to infect my side with that ####.

Opendeckin Thanks this.
  10. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    There are a lot of scumbags in this industry. Which is exactly why not being a scumbag is such a great strategy. Shippers and carriers cling to you like a drowning man to the side of a lifeboat.

Opendeckin, DSK333 and PPDCT Thank this.
  11. Justflappingmygums

Aug 9, 2018
    I just hope I can find a company that will actually train me and give direction now, I was just thrown into it with this one and had to learn everything on my own on my own time and dollar. DAT isn’t cheap lmao

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.