Fed up/3 weeks update

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Justflappingmygums, Aug 23, 2018.

1. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Well, best of luck to you. Are you looking to continue to learn brokering, or are you looking to stay in the operations side of things? Both are viable options for you, based on what you've told us in your other thread.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justflappingmygums

Justflappingmygums Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I’m really not sure which direction I want to go right now, part of me honestly thinks buying a sprinter van or something and running loads as an o/o would be cool and would provide some much needed experience so I could get a better look at the industry as a whole

DSK333 Thanks this.
  4. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Did you used to be a truck driver? This sounds like one of those stories in the "Report a bad company" section.

Justflappingmygums Thanks this.
  5. Justflappingmygums

Aug 9, 2018
    Prior to 4 months ago I hadn’t ever worked in logistics, I’ve worked as a vulcanizer traveling to power plants and fixing conveyor belts though but that was just driving a dually with a gooseneck for about 300 to 400 miles

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    All the really crappy freight brokerages don't stop at being crappy to carriers. They are crappy to shippers and their own employees as well.

p608, Opendeckin, PPDCT and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    Sounds like you work/worked for a real winner. You won't be the last person she runs off, from the sounds of it.

boredsocial Thanks this.
  8. Justflappingmygums

Aug 9, 2018
    I’m sure she’ll run off the new broker she was trying to have me train, even though I wasn’t trained lol. I can’t tell you how many times a week I would hear about how she could broker freight daily and that it should be as simple as calling a company and getting load info. Oh and her favorite was “ we are green lit everywhere “ like wtf does that even mean

Opendeckin and boredsocial Thank this.
  9. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    She sounds like a moron, which doesn't surprise me. I've talked to quite a few "business owners" who didn't know their ### from a hole in the ground, but were doing ok business wise. Why? Because they had competent folks working for them. Unfortunately, these "owners" were such dicks that the competent folks didn't stick around long. A revolving door is a good term for this situation. I compare it to companies that don't pay worth a ####. ##### and moan all day walking around with a stick up your ###, because you "just can't figure out why people keep leaving." Well, newsflash hotshot, pay people a respectable wage for the work they do, show a little respect and THEN, people might stick around, but it never changes.

boredsocial Thanks this.
  10. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    It's pretty obnoxious this site won't let me contact the OP. Just saying. I'm literally in the market for a couple of outside salespeople right now.

11. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I'd say her loss. They never figure it out. Treat your help fair & you will get their best effort.

TheyCallMeDave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.