Federal Wage and Hour

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by scotty, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Sounds like somebody missed out on the history of America, specifically the history of labor in America. :yes2557:

walleye Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otr500

otr500 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Pitkin, La.
    It is, as far as I know, against the law to write a hot check. Again, as far as I know, every state has laws against this. This makes an employer writing a bad check, payroll or not, a criminal.
    I assume the driver that got the bad checks turned them into the District Attorney.
    Also, unless the company went out of business, there are several avenues to pursue payroll. I would start with the D.A.

4. wheelchock

wheelchock Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2009
    nc
    Nobody is looking out for truck drivers.
    Until we all get together nothing will change.
    The government has no reason to help us increase our pay, in fact they impose limits on hours we can work to limit our income.
    If they limit our income they can control us.
    Have you ever noticed that if you loose your job and ask about retraining the first thing they offer is truck driving school?
    They are intentionally trying to lower our wages.
    And they have done a good job of it.
    I was making more money 10 years ago than I am today along with many of my friends.

5. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

Why don't truck drivers look out for truck drivers? Don't like how you are treated by an employer? quit and go somewhere else.

You are only mistreated if you allow yourself to be mistreated.

There are thousands of companies out there, it's up to you find the one that fits your needs.

6. wheelchock

Feb 16, 2009
    nc
    Well, I have noticed since moving south that everyone does a good job of looking out for themselves down south and screw everyone else.
    I have worked for union and non union companies, in the north and the south.
    But since I moved south the wages are much less.
    Drivers in the south working for less money are helping to lower the wages nationwide.
    That is why I am trying to locate out of NC after 4 years of trying.

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

I'm making about the same...sadly. Even though the paycheck reflects a clear .18 per mile differance.

I bought a brand new car off the lot, for $13k in '83.

The same car cost me $39k now, if I were to buy one. Yet my wages remain almost the same.

I need a bail out......

8. otr500

otr500 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Pitkin, La.
    Why would you care to post such nonsense. Your statement, "Everyone does a good job of looking out for themselves down south and screw everyone else", is felonious and offensive. I can promise you, sir, have not met "everyone".
    Whatever you may have meant that is not how it came out, unless that is what you actually meant.
    Since you know that we all know that you have not met everyone down south why would you post that?
    I live a lot farther "south" and the people I come in contact with are not as you say. I live in a very beautiful, economically depressed area. This has certain benefits. The cost of living is a lot cheaper than "up north". I do not have to pass money through a window at a store to buy items at night. We have homestead exemption. For those that rent, a 3 bedroom brick house goes about $500.00 a month, and many other reasons why I like where I live.
    If I wanted to move I would simply move. It is not that hard and I could certainly figure out how in less than 4 years. I make better wages than most, don't put up with B.S., and have never had a problem getting a job. I do NOT like unions(that is my preference ok) or punching a time clock. This is why I drive a truck.
    Anyway, having something against a particular person, place, or thing, is understandable. To make such a broad impossible statement could be construed as Schizophrenia.

9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I think he's jealous ;)

While we appear to be poverty stricken, and low wage earners. Nothing could be further from the truth. Inner city people have trouble understanding that a neighborhood with crack dealers standing on the corners....isn't a middle class neighborhood. It's a slum.

They see something they are familiar with back home, and think, "Hey, this looks like a good place to live."

Never realizing for $100 more he can live in a nice neighborhood, with respectable human beings.

10. wheelchock

Feb 16, 2009
    nc
    It's my personal experience.

11. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    All I can say is, Look at where you are and the make up of the general population.

1 in 5 might have lived in NC all their lives. The rest are just ________.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.