Fedex express vs fredex freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Offrdoutlaw092, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Offrdoutlaw092

Offrdoutlaw092 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Which company would you guys recommend. Freight is offering p&d

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Freight. Plus Express and Ground are slowly merging so there’s uncertainty with the future of company drivers.

jmz and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  4. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
  5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Freight for sure. Express is usually a part time position, with no guaranteed yearly pay progression, and FedEx is trying to merge Express into Ground wherever possible.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

This is what i want to know. We all know merges are never good and this new fedex ceo is trying to save money wherever they can. What i cant figure out is if fedex is going to sell off or get rid of its freight division like ups did? Or is fedex ground going to get rid of contractors and give all the work to fedex freight and start using more intermodel shipping to save money? Or are they going to get rid of company fedex freight drivers and give runs to contractors to save money?

Im so confused but i dont believe fedex at this point i believe the drivers more being a driver myself. I do know freight division is going to run as a separate entity thats why im confused.

Ive heard from a fedex ground driver that used to work at fxf and she said she got a call from someone high up in the company at fxf that told her fedex ground is going to get rid of all ground contractors in June 2024 during the merging process..

If someone who works for fedex ground and fedex freight can please answer my questions as you learn more information please keep me informed and updated.

7. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    No one is going to know anything until it happens. That’s how it is, everything else is just rumors.

Gearjammin' Penguin, 86scotty and jmz Thank this.
  8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I got a call from Fred Smith himself who said the same thing!

86scotty, Jamie01 and Digman943 Thank this.
  9. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    There is no way FxF can absorb Ground at a flip of a switch. It may happen over time, but I would assume Ground has contracts that have to be honored or legal cost would be astronomical. Their contractors have huge investments in their businesses.

jmz Thanks this.
  10. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
  11. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.