FedEx Freight Diary (ala Russian Rabbit)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    That would be an interesting dynamic for guys with one of the top positions in a hub turn lane. Do they stay at the top and be home in 8 hours? Or take a lower position to rack up some OT while waiting for their trailers?

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    No I get that, what you are saying makes sense and I agree with you, I too always found it interesting how they ran the different divisions even when I was with Ground, I was just elaborating on how they run the different divisions that's all, and how it seems like Express got a bad deal out of it, when FDX bought Caliber systems, it did seem like they went into it with a let's not change much and ruin a good thing and let's see what happens with it ideal, I am sure there was more to it than that, a example would be Ground, although it's still the contractor model that RPS established back in the day, FDX over the years has had to make some tweaks and changes to it to keep it going, mostly because of law suits and to comply with current labor laws.

jmz Thanks this.
  4. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Do you know if they stay at that hourly rate the whole shift? I only ask because Saia did the same thing with their CA drivers, but they have a road rate (driving) and work rate (yard,delay,breakdown,ect), the road rate is like $35hr, but the work rate is reduced to $28 hr, most the CA drivers I have talked to have said they made more money when they were paid CPM.

5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    From my understanding there is one rate on the FX side in CA. But then again, I don’t have a direct line to ask anyone in the company out there.

Even if they did that, our drop/hook tasks are calculated at a half hour of regular rate, so I’d be inclined to take the whole 30 minutes for each task.

USMC 3531 Thanks this.
  6. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Yeah sort of the same deal here, we get 15min of our hourly to hook a set, and 15min to break a set, triples drivers get 30min for hooking triples and 30min to break them.

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I'll ask one of the SBO drivers when I see them.

jmz Thanks this.
  8. cowboys12

cowboys12 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    I'm a city driver in the L.A area and our road drivers make $37.42 an hour no OT when they're clocked into road. When they work the dock or run rails they make city pay which is $30.23 an hour. OT after 8.

9. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Another week another decent paycheck. I was able to squeeze in one more turn than usual, so that helped bump me up over $1300. My delay was for...you guessed it, another rail chassis! The tandem pins were "locked" but only by about half an inch. Pulled into the shop and let the mechanics grease it, smash it with a hammer, and rock it back and forth until they became fully locked. It occurred to me after that I probably should have run through the scale first, but it turned out alright.

Attached Files:

McUzi Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I read on another site Freight has some changes in store, one of which is switching from 2 seniority lists to 1.

Cardfan89 and McUzi Thank this.
  11. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    I’m pretty confident that one seniority list is a false rumor. We are changing to an every 4 month bidding process instead of the current 6 month bid. That is true, saw it posted at the hub I ran to last night.

jmz and McUzi Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.