FedEx Freight Diary (ala Russian Rabbit)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i think this is not a good move, but you must do what you must do......

McUzi and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Who knows. It may be the best thing that ever happened to him.

McUzi, Cardfan89 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    It could very well be, but my points were:

1) Why mess with a good thing: Rock-Solid, stable giant vs. possible flash-in-the-pan.

2) Benefits? i doubt they can match.

To me trucking, really everything, is all about risk-managment. Why screw with a good thing?

McUzi and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    And personally I agree with you. What he's done would not be a good fit for me either. But maybe his needs are different than ours.

Bob Dobalina, McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Exactly. You left a highly coveted job and it worked out great for you. Same thing for me too.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Same thing with Senator Uzi. But a person is going to do what a person is going to do. This is sort of like when Capt. Decker at the end of Star trek one---he just went off----somewhere. He just went for it.

McUzi, LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    True. Some guys would give a lot to work for ABF. I am less than fond of them, but I still understand that the job could work better for someone else.

McUzi, Cardfan89 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Risk management, is loss mitigation. Risk management is also, by relative definition, not growth minded. Risk management, would have also prevented FedEx’s ceo from taking the last amount of cash the company had to Vegas, dropping it all on the table figuring he was going to lose the company by the end of the week, and scoring big, allowing him to keep the company operating.

FedEx is rock solid, no argument there... but only in the shipping/freight forwarding industry. When your portfolio of products consists only of methods in how to pick something up at point a and deliver to point b, you lose stability by virtue of being incredibly vulnerable to the economy as a whole. When you are a manufacturer of goods that are consumed by wide swaths of industries to include recession proof industries like health care, I’d argue that you are far more insulated to the ebb and flow of macro/micro economical impact.

But, if my decision to leave proves to be a poor choice, I’ll have a bridge to walk across that wasn’t burned, should I need to. But, then again, I’ve never needed to return to a job/industry I’ve left.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  10. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I work about 40 hours a week, 15-20 hours of that on the dock, and drive 400-600 miles a week on average. Gross around $1100-$1200. That is my story for at least the next year or two.

The end.

11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Transfer out to the barn in MA and make $80k+ on the lowest mileage run!

jmz and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.