FedEx Freight Diary (ala Russian Rabbit)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    What are you looking at as far as pay and benefits? 6am start would be really sweet.

LtlAnonymous and McUzi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    • Better insurance (hr had already given me the documentation and details on their plans), albeit a little more expensive
    • $28/hr to start. Keep in mind, this is for Class B work. The company is currently in the stages of planning class A expansion into my area, so I wanted my foot in the door
    • 401k w/match. Match goes into effect after the first year
    • 100% tuition reimbursement (very important to me; been wanting to finish my degree for years)
    • 2 weeks vacation beginning January 1, 3 weeks after 5 years, 4 after 10
    • If work is called off due to weather the day is fully paid
    • 40 hours minimum, regardless business levels (hiring manager emphasized this, as there is always something to do or advanced training I could complete)
    • OT after 40
    • Hazmat/TWIC fee reimbursement for renewal
    • Employee purchase discounts
    There are many more, but these are what I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    LtlAnonymous, FlaSwampRat, jmz and 6 others Thank this.
  4. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Wow that paid snow day would be nice.

LtlAnonymous, FlaSwampRat, jmz and 3 others Thank this.
  5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Well, having lunch on my first day right now and I have some unfortunate news for you folks.

Due to a surprisingly restrictive (by comparison) confidentiality and social media policy, I will not be disclosing my new company name or location.

I will, however for those who asked, create a thread detailing my experiences, similar to FedEx Freight, if there is any interest.

6. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Oh man thank god, that sucks and everything, but the first paragraph sounded like it was going to lead into that you felt you made a mistake lol, yeah do whatever you can, will still follow.

7. dwells40

dwells40 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2017
    I'm interested in reading!

LtlAnonymous, McUzi and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  8. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I thought the same thing at first too. Lol

LtlAnonymous, McUzi and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
  10. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    This had the potential to be another great week, but I just wasn't feeling very well and napped in my truck one day instead of clocking into the dock. I made up for it later in the week when I got turned to a terminal that's quite a bit farther than the ones I'd normally run to (still not as far as the one I got last week), so overall the pay was about average.

The imbalance in drops and hooks was due to hooking up a set, bringing it to the hub, then dropping it as a hooked set since both trailers were destined for a hub that's 1000+ miles away. No point breaking it down when someone else is just going to have to hook them back together in the morning.

Attached Files:

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    What I thought, would have been my last stub at FXF. This was a trying week for me, not because the work was hard, but the money was so #### good, even before my vacation cashout.

Ran a couple two 500+ mile double turns with vias on the back ends, 2 short dock runs with a few hours in the yard each night, and finished the week off with my absolute favorite run... down to NJ and back with a via toward the northern part of the state. Like a dope, I must have forgot to put a drop in there, likely on Saturday either at the via point or finishing back at my yard. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

So, I thought I had the dispatcher cut all my vacation time into this check, and he did. What I forgot to take into account, was that I was also doing this on a week that I would have the monthly vacation accrual of hours (isn't shown here since it cut to the second page of the stub), so I'm going to get another check for 6.7 hours of vacation in the future as well. I just hope they cut the insurance off at the appropriate date so that when the check is cut, it doesn't get eaten by insurance or stock benefits.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.