FedEx Freight Question, how long before starting work?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by New Driver 12, Oct 16, 2018.

1. New Driver 12

New Driver 12 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Today the unexpected happened, and I was able to interview and accept a position with Fedex Frieght as a driver apprentice. I have no background issues, how long does it usually take to actually start working for them? I’ve been reading anywhere from a week to three months. I guess it varies? Does anyone have any info on how this process goes?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    questions to ask at the interview !

4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Go to truckingboards.com, the owner of that site is fxf and a lot of those guys are on there.

Bob Dobalina and New Driver 12 Thank this.
  5. New Driver 12

Sep 29, 2018
    Thanks for the help you guys are the absolute best.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Congratulations.

God help you now. You will need it.

HE HEEE.

New Driver 12 Thanks this.
  7. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    It took me 5 weeks to get hired from the time when I applied online. If you already went for the interview and eveeything went well then you should get offer letter in the e-mail in the next few days. If you have any other questions don't be afraid to send me a PM. :)

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Actually, from the time you interviewed it should take about 2 weeks. Background check and pee test. Depending on how old you are (how much background they have to check), will determine how long it takes. Pee test is 48 hours at the most.
    Good luck

9. New Driver 12

Sep 29, 2018
    Thanks for the info guys. I asked how long it would take for the background check to get done during the interview. When I got home I started doing research and I was reading that some guys it took them nearly 3 months to get started, and others a couple of weeks. I really confused myself looking through everything.
    I just can’t wait to get started. I wasn’t even expecting them to call me to be honest. I applied for a handful of companies and got offers, but this was the one that I wanted so I’m happy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  10. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It will determine how bad the barn you applied at needs/wants you. My father was a fxf road driver for 18 yrs and retired from them. I will tell you this..depending on who you're terminal manager is will greatly influence your work environment. My father couldn't wait to retire due to all the b.s. he put up with. In that center alone they had 6 heart attacks from drivers due greatly to stress! Not saying it's a bad job, but you will have a bullseye on your back as with most companies when you work there. I wish you the best!

Opus and Fuelinmyveins Thank this.
  11. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA

Sheeesh don't scare him like that;)

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.