FedEx Freight vs Amazon Local jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Fastbreakstar22, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Fastbreakstar22

Fastbreakstar22 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2020
    I certainly will. More to come

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Don't be a fool, FedEx

Dennixx Thanks this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    FedEx Freight is the clear winner on this decision:

* Opportunity to remove a manual restriction
    * P&D work paid O/T after 8 or 40
    * Home every day
    * Time to top pay is 3 years, but even still, you'll earn far more money than you would with the Amazon runs even until you top out at FXF.
    * Ability to do linehaul runs on Saturday if available to you on the seniority board
    * Decent benefits. I say decent because the health insurance isn't the best coverage for a family, but that being said, it's not expensive
    * 401k match is healthy
    * Stable company
    * Transferability across the country

You mentioned the first job is local that would require you to go into NYC, which FedEx Freight terminal are you looking at?

ETA: Just saw you were applying at a Maryland location, I can't speak about anything outside of NY, NJ, CT, RI or MA unfortunately.

5. Fastbreakstar22

Sep 27, 2020
    I applied to the Northeast MD location. It's only 15 mins from my home.

6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Looking at it on a map, you'll likely be doing P&D between Wilmington and Aberdeen

Texas_hwy_287 and Fastbreakstar22 Thank this.
  7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    You said it yourself, you’re looking for something that can be long-term. Working for an O/O pulling Amazon loads with no benefits doesn’t sound very long-term. FedEx Freight is the biggest LTL company in the country and has been around for decades. Decent pay to start, fantastic pay after 3 years. Getting that auto restriction removed is huge as well. If things don’t work out at FxF, you’ll have far more opportunities with a bit of experience and no auto restriction.

8. Fastbreakstar22

Sep 27, 2020
    Any idea what the top rate is?

9. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    If you’re in for long term the Fed Ex freight is a very good job my brother has worked in the shop there for close to 30 years some of that time was at Watkins b4 fed ex bought them.Your most likely going to work the dock a lot starting out but if you hang on and build seniority it will pay off they do have very good benefit package also

jmz and Fastbreakstar22 Thank this.
  10. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    I group Amazon with Swift, container drivers, and white sprinter/box vans. In my limited experience, these are the worst “professional” drivers on the interstate.When I see any of these, I grip the wheel tightly with both hands, and try to stay as far from them as possible.

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Amazon is the new version of FedEx Ground. Use Owner Operators. Only person making money is the owner of the vehicles. Subpar wages for owner operators too.

Fedex Freight as a company driver is the better choice. Topped pay Linehaul drivers are making 100k+ a year.

Speed_Drums, McUzi and Fastbreakstar22 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.