fedex freight vs ups freight

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by keptcash79, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    FedEx pilots have been Union since July of 1993 and some of the pilots do make more than UPS pilots. However a senior Capt. at UPS can make $300,000 a year, FedEx pilots are not "making a ton more than UPS pilots"! I am friends with a couple of pilots, the wife flies for FedEx and the husband flies for UPS. They are not hurting for money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    You need to get your facts straight..
    The political arm of the Teamsters Union is called D.R.I.V.E it is a voluntary tax deductible donation. NO DUES MONEY is used for anything political.

4. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    If you believe that, I have numerous bridges for you to buy as well.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Well since the Koch brothers and others like them spend massive amounts of money lobbying the Republicans on issues they have, I have no problem with labor spending money lobbying on issues we have! What's good for one side is certainly good for the other side.

6. Moving Forward

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    I agree with you 100% on that, but isn't it wrong and/or illegal to spend money on political expenses but then record them with non-political billing codes? In case you don't realize it, numerous labor unions are doing this almost each and every day... and if/when a company does it, IMO they too should get prosecuted. Do you agree?

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I agree that everybody and every company should play by the rules. But in the real world this doesn't happen. Have you ever sped just one mile over the limit? The Enrons of the world and the corrupt labor leaders will usually get what's coming to them. But do not be naive enough to believe that in every walk of life people don't bend the rules, even just a little, sometimes a lot, to further their cause.

8. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Show us the proof on the billing codes ?
    That would be in violation of federal election laws.
    And as a anti union American it is your right to turn them in .

9. Moving Forward

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    Although I'd like to keep hoping that is true, many of the major offenders often get away with it but lots of smaller offenders get nailed... but this reality might also be related to a growing level of corruption in our various levels of government.

To FLHT, the proof you've referenced is being collected and presented in various forms and courts of law. BTW, unions have done a LOT of good for this country over the years and I am far from being an "anti union American" as you've claimed - get your facts straight! I very much support the labor union concept, however, the majority of today's labor union bosses/efforts seem to be more focused on playing political games & favors (mostly for the extreme liberal causes) than actually taking care of the members and fee payers which pay-the-bills.

10. Mrhockey1959

Mrhockey1959 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2014
    I always enjoy the uninformed comments of union shops in the trucking industry. Having worked for UPS package division for over 20 years and now working for Fed Ex Freight I can comment with experience in both union and non union shops. While you will need to pay Union dues the amounts are minimal. Usually 2 hours of pay per month. Do the math $60 per month means you are earning $30 per hour. Not bad. Sounds like a nickel chasing a quarter! Yes, unions are corrupt at some levels. Name me a large bureaucracy that is not corrupt. Unions protect the lazy employee. While all of this is true they also protect the good employee and allow him or her to live a middle class life. Always remember the reason non union companies pay descent wages now is because of the Union. Without the Union in the picture we would all be earning minimum wage. If you think Fedex Freight, as an example, would pay competitive wages without the Union lurking in the background you are naive.

Banker and Ajv1987 Thank this.
  11. PALOU

PALOU Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    OTR
    $1/21 a loaded mile....are you an O/O ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.