FEDEX Freight

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dumbydog76, Jun 21, 2014.

1. morlandoemtp

morlandoemtp Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2014
    New York
    I drove with a local guy contractor for fed ex ground running doubles, I have never been so afraid of dying in my life, he would blow stop signs and traffic lights at 30+ mph(at night), I texted my gf when I was out with him that if I die make sure you sue the #### out of them.(needless to say I never went out with him again)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    What scares me more then FedEx Freight? One of those Volvos on 80 that says "Elk Grove Village" on the doors.

4. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Dear god tell me about it. That's the real problem out here.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  5. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very happy to hear that. Now I'm more enthusiastic than ever to drive for y'all. I just applied a few days ago to drive out of the Florence Terminal. I only live 28 minutes w/o traffic. Just Crossing my fingers at this time.

6. KS999

KS999 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Does FEDEX Freight hire CDL grads as drivers? Do you have to start out on their docks first?

-Ken

7. BigMuthaTrucka

BigMuthaTrucka Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    My question is how much does fedex pay per year? (not the delivery trucks. the 30' trailers)

8. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    You mean the freight side? If so it varies in location. In Maryland you can make $60,000 a yr as a new driver.

9. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    Im getting on with ground as a temp driving a straight truck, but then saw and applied for a trainee position for a tractor trailer they dont mention needing experience just your class A , but also lets you know it real work p&d up to 100 lbs, thats fine for me, not as bad as hauling a 300 lb fridge up a driveway and or stairs and if I somehow get this spot I may get some decent benefits.

10. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Freight is work but refrigerator work! You have some easy days and some hard days. But as long as you take your time you'll be okay.

11. Forsale845

Forsale845 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between Fedex Freight and the other fedex ground, home delivery etc. Freight and express are company employees using company trucks, we have to be safe drivers or can lose our jobs, also our trucks have virads and lane departures on them and taller boxes that if we are following to closely we will get a #### headache from the alarms going off. Also a report is saved for management to view if they choose to do so. Also the trucks are governed at 65. However. I CAN testify the contractors for FedEx ground.... aRe the worst! They speed tailgate, run people off the road, he'll there almost wrecked me before. But sadly people just see fedex and think it's all the same.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.