Felonies

Discussion in 'TMC' started by DJDalamar, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DJDalamar

DJDalamar Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hey guys I can't start CDL school till Jan and so stuck doing a lot of research. I'm in Tulsa, OK and would love to drive for TMC. In 1999 I bounced a couple of checks and they show up as a felony. Since then clean as a whistle I can't find requirements on the TMC website will I have any issues gettign hired?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vegaskid

vegaskid Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Windermere, FL.
    If that's all you have you probably won't have to worry about it. It can be up to 10 years for felonies but since your over that time you should be ok.

DJDalamar Thanks this.
  4. DJDalamar

DJDalamar Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hey Vegas since you answered are you driving for TMC? I want to move back to Vegas but figure I have to switch jobs as they don't seem to run out there do they?

5. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Just be darn sure that you tell them about it!, They will probably find it!. And if they find it and you didn't tell them then you may not get a job anywhere!!!

6. vegaskid

Mar 30, 2013
    Windermere, FL.
    No sorry not driving for anyone yet. I got felony problems myself. So I have called alot of companies.

DJDalamar Thanks this.
  7. vegaskid

Mar 30, 2013
    Windermere, FL.
    Very true ya gotta be upfront. cause they will find out.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Melton Truck Lines; they hire out of Las Vegas. Excellent healthcare benefits.

Try System Transport also.

Watkins & Shepard has a terminal in Las Vegas & run flatbeds & vans. Tuition reimbursement program also.

9. DJDalamar

DJDalamar Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Yeah Melton and TMC are my top two choices at the moment TMC gets you more home time it seems. I like the idea of percentage as well.

10. RavnsFan

RavnsFan Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Didnt say a word about mine.. the question asks if its been more than 10 years.. You can legally and honestly answer NO.. THey wont pull your record beyond that... I got 3 job offers while being a felon at very large companies.. Good luck out there

DJDalamar and TroyD Thank this.
  11. MrsZ

MrsZ Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2013
    south
    RavnsFan is right. TMC has alot of felons workin for them. Some straight outta prison. A lot more hard core than what youve mentioned. For some reason people like to act like they dont. Gives people a false sense of security.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.