Few Q's about Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by morpheus, Mar 29, 2016.

1. morpheus

morpheus Medium Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Does Knight have a training center other than Phoenix?

Do they run into Canada? No problem as I have a passport.

Pay?

Any general comments as a starter company?

Thanks in advance!!!

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I think if you google Knight they'll tell you where there training center is but Phoenix sounds correct. Canada? not sure but really who cares as long as the wheels are turning you are earning! Pay? well probably not the best but if you are new look at it as getting experience. Good luck! its what you make it.

4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Sliding scale once solo, not sure what they pay trainees under the squire program. I think they only do the cdl course in Pheonix, but do squire training from a few locations. They pay you to attend the cdl school, but they don't cover food or lodging. You'd have to break down the actual "true" cost to see if it's comparable to other companies

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Ok, I'm going to say I'm starting think people just post without taking 2 sec to read any of the threads below it. This is especially irritating from people that have been on this board for AGES!!!!

There is plenty of topics on Knight and plenty of opinions on here without starting a whole NEW thread. If your curious about the gen stuff go to www.driveforknight.com. As for the other info talk to a recruiter as they will have the most up to date info. It's been changing darn near monthly as of late.

Excuse me if I come off as a arse I'm just sick of posting the same #### repeatedly. especially when most of it's in a thread on the FIRST PAGE.

Kropotkin75 and Milkman719 Thank this.
  6. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    Then stop posting easy fix.

Puppage, SHOJim and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  7. morpheus

Jun 12, 2014
    The reason I started a new thread is for the reason you stated "It's been changing darn near monthly as of late."
    You do have a valid point in regards to repetitive threads but one of the things I do is check the date of the thread and the date of the last post.

Dna Mach, Kropotkin75 and KriegHund Thank this.
  8. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006

Heh, Thor hammering the YouTube truckers. So it depends on the side of Knight you are going to try and join. Knight will hire you no problem, but it's in a churn right now. Unlike Fajo, I went though so many DMs I really lost count. Even the office people turned over 5 times.

OverDrive Thanks this.
  9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

The 5 yrs I worked Knight dry side Phx averaged 3 DM's/yr. Only 3 of them were former truckers, most were right out of college w/o transportation industry experience....and some of those lasted less than a month.

Sounds like Reefer side might be different these days from the recent postings???

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    morpheus Thanks this.
  10. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Q1)Yes they train in Phoenix

Q2)Yes and it's a good way to make extra $$$

Q3) as a trainee 28cpm once you get solo'd and after 180 days you'll be up to 35cpm

@4)One of the best starter companies, that's a pretty low bar though.

11. morpheus

Jun 12, 2014
    I spoke to a recruiter and she told me that they do not bring in anyone from outside AZ for school due to licensing issues.

Any way to cancel threads on this site?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.