Few Q's about Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by morpheus, Mar 29, 2016.

1. flight number 919

flight number 919 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    If you are a student and you are training with Knight, do you do your training on a manual or automatic transmission? or do it depend on whatever truck your trainer has? Thank You...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    ok so you made 65k @ 35 cents a mile? thats 185,714 miles a year wow! 3,571 miles a week for 52 weeks. Did you make more your 1st year? Never went home? Paper logs? Drop and hook only? Huge Christmas bonus?

Indignant trucker Thanks this.
  4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I don't see anywhere in his post that he says he was limited to .35cpm, not to mention the Bonus, Xpay, Detention and accessorial pay that addups over the year. If you were trying to be a smart ### you failed, Alot more to ANY company then just CPM.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Milkman719 Thanks this.
  5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    80% of the fleet has moved auto's there are a few sticks left but not much. It will depend alot on what your trainer has but with Knight liking to keep the newer trucks on the trainers (Due to Mileage reasons) you will most likely get a auto to train on.

There is a few holdouts including my self still on a stick but that wont last forever, Auto's allow company's to hire dumber drivers and not have a tranny destroyed.

P.S.
    (Please dont take that comment as aimed at you, was just stating the fact of why the company has moved that direction)

reefertank and flight number 919 Thank this.
  6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I ran about 11k a month. I was making .40 cpm base average plus 5 cents a mile bonus, plus extra pays for detention, stops, local loads, layover. Elogs, moderate drop and hook, and I stayed out 4-6 weeks out 2 days off. I don't have a home. I just stay out and work. They treated me well. My terminal was closed down and the staff in Memphis weren't at the level my off ice was so when I bought my truck I went elsewhere.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  7. flight number 919

flight number 919 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Raleigh, NC

lol its all good, no offense taken....Thanks for the reply...

8. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    No he said first year and do you notice I put a ? after the 35 CPM. I'm sure there are lots of extra pay going out. Just never heard of a knight driver in there first year make that amount. It was not to be meant to be mean just wondering how that was possible. RELAX driver

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I did, Also have had a few trainees that have made that in their first year. It all depends on how you run where you run and your relationship with your terminal.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  10. Kropotkin75

Kropotkin75 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    I work for knight out of Gulfport, Ms. My DM has been with the company for 11 years as a DM. I was here in 2007 and 2008 and he was my DM then and he's great. He really takes care of me and I get plenty of miles. He gives me loads and leaves me alone.
    Knight is not perfect but it works for me. I get home when I want to.
    I make .38 a mile. I have made more and could make more at other companies with my experience but knight works for me. It's very easy for me to get home with them and that's a big deal to me.

The only complaint I have is trying to find an empty after I drop a loaded trailer. It happens s couple times a month for me but I am always compensated for my trouble.
    I had a problem yesterday and today in Ohio finding an empty and now they have just decided to deadhead me to the yard in Columbus Ohio to pick up a load and go to Michigan. I looked everywhere for a trailer.
    I just got a message that he added up all the miles that I looked for an empty and put it on this load and gave me 75 bucks.
    I have been driving 16 years and I am happy here. No company is perfect but knight is a good fit for me.

I can only speak for my terminal and my experience but I like knight and don't intend to leave.

11. reefertank

reefertank Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Eastern Oregon
    I asked for a 13 speed, and our terminal manager was like, "okay" and we walked up to a Volvo. At first I was excited, then saw it had nearly half a million miles. When I came back, said the truck had turbo issues... was assigned to 4 different trucks in 4 days, one of which had to be towed, but they were all 9 speeds.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.