few questions about schneider dedicated

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by bigbrett, Jun 1, 2014.

1. bigbrett

bigbrett Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Backwoods, Ga
    i keep getting emails and flyers through us mail about a dedicated opportunity about 60 miles from my home. it says in part "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You’ll haul freight for a leading producer of furniture to Ohio, Michigan and Northern Indiana. It’s all about consistency when you join Schneider’s Dedicated division. By pulling freight for one customer, you’ll enjoy consistent freight, miles and paychecks." [/FONT]

ok. sounds great but what is the delivery schedule like? is this van, flatbed or what? do dedicated accounts pick up odd ball loads to get back to account holder?

If any of you guys that currently drive for schneider could chime in about dedicated i would appreciate it. i have searched and see some good and bad things about schn as a whole but not alot about dedicated. i have a year and half under my belt so, to a mega carrier i am experienced but i have no fantasies about knowing it all. Thus, I have to get as much info as possible. All I see is a number to call and no email, I have a hectic schedule as of now so playing phone tag with a recruiter blowing smoke is not high on my
    priority list. If anyone has a honest friend or family that recruits please let me know so I can try to get a conversation started.

Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mclass555

mclass555 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2013
    In my opinion Dedicated is the only way to go with Schneider. I dont know anything about the furniture account, but if Schneider got the contract I bet its a good one.

4. bigbrett

bigbrett Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Backwoods, Ga
    i've been told it is the only way to go too.

5. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    I prefer IC choice, but to each his own....

TennMan Thanks this.
  6. Silverking

Silverking Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Edgewater, FL
    im on a ded acct. home daily, salary, only haul freight for my acct. So no oddball stuff here. I really like dedicated, some of the things I like predictable routes, 3 people in the office that I deal with and have become personal with. On ded accts usually you make about the same each week witch I think is a plus. Get to know same customers. That said I would say all ded accts are different so unless you find a driver on that acct, you will have to rely on the recruiter.

bigbrett Thanks this.
  7. bigbrett

bigbrett Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Backwoods, Ga
    I received an email about this same position again yesterday...gotta be A reason no one wants or stays there. But I can't help myself, I still am curious

8. ArtistNATruck

ArtistNATruck Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Wichita, Ks
    I am on the Home Depot Dedicated out of Topeka, Ks. My Teammate and I avg 5500 mi/wk working Monday Evening through Saturday Evening. Get home about 4am Sundays and head back out 430-5pm Mondays. Pay is decent and the run is extremely easy which is why it's so boring. We haul Home Depot exclusively out of the RDC and most days come back empty. Occasionally they will have a back haul for us out of Golden, Co (which is a major PIA, avg load is 1500lbs under gross), during Harvest Season we pull grain out of a couple silos in Eastern CO but drop in Topeka for someone else to deliver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.