FFE FMCSA Intervention?

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by grumpy6371, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Suncoast

Suncoast Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Fancypants are you a company or lease purchase driver? I was a company driver but always wondered about the lease option. The lease drivers I talked with mostly said it was not a good move However I did lease with a company about 8 years ago and never had a problem, paid my bills and taxes and was putting about 1500 in my pocket every week it was awsome, That is until Prime came in and bought the company out. They wanted to redue my lease and charge me 750 a week for a truck. With that said thats when I walked away and have not leased since.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

"Top 3 violations: speeding, running red lights, and no seatbelts. Of the speeding violations: 25 were 1-5 mph above posted, 17 were 6-10 mph above posted, and 10 were 11-15 mph above posted, with 5 construction zone violations."

These are all driver responsibilities. How does this relate to the company? As a wannabe, getting factual or fact-based opinions is important in picking "the right" starter company. Saying a company sucks because their drivers dont want to drive safe seems out there a bit.

uglydave and I am medicineman Thank this.
  4. I am medicineman

I am medicineman Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Kemper County, Mississippi
    One of these, "no CDL" was due to some stupidity that was being told to newbs by supposed "old hands".

One of the trainers was spreading that all you had to carry was a PHOTOCOPY of your CDL.

8 drivers were caught without them at the terminal.
    now we have to show CDL and Physical Card at yard before we leave out... EVERY TRIP

5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

From travel.state.gov:

As of ( Monday August 15, 2011 ), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

As of (Monday August 15, 2011 ), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.