FFE is Anti-Military!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by acetraveler, Feb 6, 2013.

1. acetraveler

acetraveler Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Grover Beach, CA
    As I sit here I am thinking about the way FFE treated my while I was going through orientation. The paperwork had a space where I could put down if I was a military member, I checked yes, and shared a synopsis about my time in the Navy. When I was talking to the lady doing the paper work I asked about it, I even showed her my DD-214, my Honorable release from the Navy. I could not believe it when she said, Using her exact words, "Oh, you won't need that." Like it was a bother for her to enter it into my file on the computer. That should have been a huge red flag to seek employment elsewhere. So if you have military experience STAY AWAY FROM FFE!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Don't make sense just because they don't have your dd214 there a bad company. Most companies in the world don't care about your service. The only thing service time is good for va home loans and 5 extra points on a civil service test. I been out if the service for 15 years and no job I ever had cared about the dd214. Take it easy on the lady.

Darky Thanks this.
  4. dschmidt201

dschmidt201 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Chicago
    The only people who care about my service are the restaurants on veterans day!!!

Winkjr Thanks this.
  5. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Yeah right. You can use it at lowes too but it's not a big deal. The big companies who advertise veteran friendly are the ones who will most likely take advantage of you.

6. Stewey1982

Stewey1982 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I think somebody needs to get some thicker skin and quit being so easily offended over a non-issue.

TruckMafk, Winkjr, Jakaby and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Between this guy and pigsooie I hope it ends soon or maybe they ban themselves from here.

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    First come your qualifications as a driver is what you should be stressing. Veterans status really means nothing to many employers. Some employers it shows you have discipline is all. It might be a deal breaker if two are fighting for the same job but it's not an automatic give me. Why should it go into your file? You are entering a dead end job. A trucking company has absolutely no use for your DD214. They have your SSN is all that is needed.

Your service is well appreciated but it's not the center of your business or personal life. You learned many valuable life lessons in the military. You are now a civilian again.

I think you want overboard with your synopsis and volunteering paperwork they didn't ask for. That can be interpreted as you can't follow directions. Keep your applications and interviews concise, to the point and and supply only what they ask for. Do you walk in there with your high school diploma, college transcripts, medical records and push those on them?

I'm a vet and respect other vets. Though I served during peacetime I did it for me and my country. I don't think anyone owes me anything because I served. It was my duty. I have my VA benefits and I'm grateful for them. Feel proud of yourself for your service and not what you can get from others.

The only time I've had to use my DD214 is for gov't jobs and VA benefits.

Jakaby, aiwiron, 48Packard and 3 others Thank this.
  9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Lol, I like my 10% discount at Lowe's. Two years ago about this time they had a deal if you put your tax return on a special Lowes prepaid card they would give you another 10%. I put $1500 on it. Then I saw a riding mower I liked but it had a small scratch on it. I talked the manager into giving me 10% off for that. After leaving the store I got the mower for 30% off. :)

The rest of the money I used towards my bathroom remodel.

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Outstanding post.

CondoCruiser, bikertrash61 and aiwiron Thank this.
  11. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    at least they don't fire you when they find you might be one of those " crazed, baby killer, veterans", like they used to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.