FFE Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cutloose, Nov 25, 2007.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I have talked to a bunch of ffe drivers, and most have very few good things to say about the company.

fancypants and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mesjc26

Mesjc26 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    In ur post u said "i never made it to my cdl test". As for the instructor I had the same ones. If u listen to him u can understand him. Its amazing how many other people were able to pass with dan as an instructor

4. pillbox

pillbox Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2012
    santa rosa,ca
    remember ffe did YOU the favor......please sit by your mailbox and wait for their bill:biggrin_25525:

123456 Thanks this.
  5. rmac

rmac Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Bemidji, MN
    What she said was, she got her cdl later, on her own with no problems, not at the school. And, it is hard for some people to understand people from other countries. I understand some and others I don't. Nothing personal, just the way it is.

6. EagerBeaver

EagerBeaver Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    California
    so the moral of the story is... stay away?
    what if I have my CDL's with 2 months exp.
    are they a good company past there school?

7. david2814f

david2814f Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2010
    lutz,fl
    I get tired of the way people bad mouthing a good company I have been working for ffe off and on for over 22 years I highly recomend them as a company to drive for as far as the training department goes it is left up to the trainer as to how he/she runs the truck but in general they have guide lines for them to follow

8. westernstar912

westernstar912 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    My husband and I started with Lisa also. We went through truck driving school together. I had previous driving experience, he didn't. We were put with separate trainers. I was with a female company driver, he was with a male owner operator (who drove an automatic). My trainer kept me with her for 7 weeks (she was lonely). When we finally got back to the yard, she was going on home time. Lisa put me with another male trainer. we made one run to California. He couldn't figure out why I was still with a trainer. My husband was with his trainer for two weeks and was turned loose. He went home and waited for me to be released from my trainer. When we got into our truck, he didn't know the first thing about the paper work or qual com. I had to teach him how to shift the truck. We ran as a team for a little over a year. He got off the truck and went home for a family emergency (with the companies permission). The company kept running the truck as if it was still a team truck. Keeping my pay at a team rate. My husband ended up quitting. I stayed with Lisa for another year and a half. I took a months leave and then quit also. On our DAC reports, he is eligible for rehire, I am not. I gave notice and he didn't. It was very easy to get lost in the shuffle with a bigger company. And don't ever be afraid to tell them if something doesn't work for you. Don't let them push you around or act like they don't care. Stand up for yourself. Even if you are new and just out of school. Done correctly it will earn their respect. Also there are always drivers that have been there for awhile that will be glad to give you pointers. :biggrin_25523:It is a truck drivers nature to give advice on the job whether it is wanted or not!!! lol

9. westernstar912

westernstar912 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    If it is such a good company, why has it been on and off for 22 years? Just asking...

10. Timis

Timis Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Ffe is bad news stay away

11. skinnerz

skinnerz Bobtail Member

May 15, 2012
    clovis nm
    does anyone know FFE policy on havin a small inverter on a company truck ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.