FFE

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by bikegoon, Mar 17, 2011.

1. steel wheels

steel wheels Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2010
    NJ
    The choice to leave your current job and possibly loose your wife is totally upto you.
    lets do the math though never mind your personal commitment to your wife.17.80*40=712plus overtime 26.70hrlets say your doing 8hrs aweek 213.60+712=926.20 plus benifets included.Now otr .35 *3000 miles=1050-health care-any retiremant plan,miles not guaranted,-150 to 200 a week for food exp.for week.70hrs a week on duty,168 hrs in the truck.your take home about 500 aweek after taxes exp.My Question is How much Do you love it.Me I like trucking been born into it.But no one gives up a job for a lot less money not in this economy.Do what you want I am not here to sway you either way.just think before you jump

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I have applied to the company and I am really excited about driving for them I want to go team and live in indiana I am hoping to get into orientation by the 27th

if any one wants to team and lives in IL,IN,OH
    message me

4. fancypants

fancypants Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Well another month gone. great miles. till a/c went out. FFE routed me to Lancaster yd. you guessed it 5 long days. hotel every night sitting in drivers room alllll day every day. Had ol lady with me so $25.00 a night for private room. I knew that going in. No big deal. Still the 5 th day I got loaded. Trucks still in shop. machnic is pissed at me for checking on trk so much.Every day they would find something else wrong.Order mor parts for next day. Just got old. tear the thing down/ck every thing see what you need an order parts.Id #### near quit my job as go their for repairs.A week later im supposed to go on vacation.Tell DM i,ll run 2 mo weeks. Fine. Then I cant make appt. outta shop. they change it no prob.Then get a load home. Oh well. Vacations back on. Just rambleing on. THE SHOP SUCKS. Shade tree machnics.

lonewolf4ad and 123456 Thank this.
  5. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I learned quickly it was better to breakdown as far from the yard as possible. I'd get a team of Clydesdale to pull me down the road before I got repairs back there. Bad repairs/mechanics are as big a part of why I left FFE as the pay issues.

Ahh well I may be seeing you out there soon, hopefully on the road though and not at the God forsaken yards. BTW do you know if Shaydee is still a FM in Lancaster?

6. backupandpush

backupandpush Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    "Clydesdales" That was rich! I do love a good laugh. Thanks. I was wandering around the terminal today and tempted to pass through the shop, but I know how they feel about drivers. I've often wondered what the job situation is like for good diesel mechanics. I would think they're in big demand. Cheers

7. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Looks like I am scheduled for orientation on the 26th. I get to spend my birthday at home this year.

8. The marlboro man

The marlboro man Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2012
    thomasville, nc
    i never use the shop at ffe... except for the truck wash and the tire shop.... but they are not ffe... they are out sourced...

Attached Files:

9. FlightLevel35000

FlightLevel35000 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Ocean City / N.J.
    Wow,!!!! I've read your whole story :( ! Anyway I won't stand 4 any crap ! Just want to work ! I myself would have been in jail !!! Somebodys hurt & it's not me!!! My q is what is refresher like ??? again !!!!!:biggrin_2551: I'm sorry 2 hear that had happened too you !

10. old rock n roll

old rock n roll Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    i feel the as you do, im working a union job home everyday but it is boring as hell, it really sucks doing nothing every night , sit here with the woman watch the dog chew on bones and the snow fly, its like watching paint dry, big deal i want the road it might sound stupid and the road can suck work all the time , dont make a ton of money but once its in your blood! its in your blood. im going back over the road in the spring or summer, i just got a few things to take care of and im back,,,, ya i might be sorry but its my choice,

11. old rock n roll

old rock n roll Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    well this post made me think twice about it and i have to say you make more sense out of this cituation, i wil probly stay with my hourly job, im just tired of unloading the trailers by hand with a 2 wheel dolly, but thx for your input it helped alot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.