FFE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by birddawg, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    KLLM denied my application and couldn't give me any reason. It's hell trying to get them on the phone. SRT called me this morning although I did not fill out an application for them as I was using a driver services site that send's one app. to multiple companies and I could just smell the BS right off the bat as soon as the recruiter started talking to me. They wanted to offer me a starting rate of $.31/mile and after doing the math while on the phone answering question's I told them they can go BS someone else with that cheap skate pay considering an average of 2300 miles a week and from what everyone else who is or has worked there is complaining of lack of miles because even at 2300 miles that's stll not including taking out tax's and possible insurance. #### that!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Sorry Skunk. Personally I couldn't drive for KLLM although I know they used to be a good company. Any company that I fly by at 62mph is one I wouldn't waste my time on.

4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    ####, 62? Yea I can see what you mean there. I thought they ran 65. Guess I'm gonna look else where. One thing I liked about them is it's only about a 3 hour drive from thier Jackson terminal plus the lease deal sound's ok with the lease trucks being set at 70. I can't figure out who else to look at that has truck's set at 65 or higher and a decent pay rate and not a #### load of negitive feedback from other drivers.

5. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    A very real story of how much FFE cares about their drivers coming soon. right now I can barely feel my hands so I won't try to type the full story.

6. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I've just gone and read about the last 5 pages. So far it sounds like most of the problems are the normal things you go through at a starter company in your first year.

I'm looking forward to what this will be about though. Hope you get warm soon.

7. OTRdriver40

OTRdriver40 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Nashville,Tn
    I'm sorry that your husband has to go through that,and it has cause bad times for you and your family,god bless you all,maybe he will find a better company.

8. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado

As you said Comm this is the way a starter/bottom feeder is going to be. I just try to give people the best information I can (good and bad) so that they are a little better educated before starting.

After the whole mess the other night I had already calculated exactly how many gallons of gasoline it would take for a car to come get me in Atlanta if I didn't get a better running truck (61.2gallons). The TA roadside mechanic messed with the truck for the remainder of his shift then another came out immediately after, nothing they did produced any kind of results with my truck starting. Finally the 2nd guy gave up and said the only thing which might work is a pullstart.

I got ahold of my FM and she said there was a truck in Lithonia, but that it had been abandoned for a month. she also told me it was listed as a mechanical problem as well, but I was welcome to check it out if I wanted and we would go from there. I got there and the problem was the exact 1 I had already anticipated the batteries were dead because it had been sitting. I hooked jumper cables up to mine and it started after 5 minutes it started beautifully (well that and after the guy who was trying to start it for me took it out of gear, I was in my old truck making sure it didn't die on me during that time)

I was given the day to rest since I hadn't got any sleep the previous night, and given a load from Kennesaw to Baton Rouge. Of course now the new issue, my dispatch said that this load delivered at 1215 today, and when I arrived at the receiver turns out they only take loads at night and my 1215 appt was actually supposed to be 0015.

On a final note, I also have my pay straightened out with the company again, so I am moderately happy, just ready to head home for a few days after this past week.

9. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Thanks for sharing your story lonewolf. I didn't mean to downplay your experiences by saying this is what happens when you're new. But, hopefully, to make it not seem so bad.

It's good to hear you got out of that situation in Atlanta. That's one place that I definitely wouldn't want to be broke down. I went through my own hell when I started like many others. I started out and worked for starter companies the first few years. I could go on and on of all the crazy things that happened. I wish I had kept a journal.

10. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Yea it definitely wasn't somewhere I wanted to be stranded, but I guess it could have been worse and I been up in the northeast in colder temps. I don't honestly prefer any starter company for drivers, and I will say that while my information may look FFE look badly it can be somewhat expected to possibly happen with any starter company.

My whole purpose isn't to bring people in or scare them away, but rather to warn them of possible fun they may encounter during their starter time.

11. R-n-R Trucker

R-n-R Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2009
    tulsa,ok
    Just my latest adventure. Well I'm supposed to be home this morning but I'm not stuck in kansas city. Picked up in Olive branch, Ms yesterday told to get here and drop and then go home. Well got here and we are not allowed to drop so had to wait till 1230 to unload. Then they refuse 1 pallet so I'm stuck here until tomorrow at the least. This is typical FFE for me whenever I'm supposed to go home. And on top of that they were not gonna let me go home after this load anyway. was to pick up tomorrow and deliver tomorrow before I could go home. So don't plan on being home on time. Guess i have to cancel all apps that I had for tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.