FFE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by birddawg, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    just to clear this up, it's not my first year and I didn't go to them right out of school. There are some vet driver's that I'm sure if you got them on here would tell you the BS games FFE play's.

Beside's I'd say they aren't doing so hot anyway. I see more of their trailer's on train's now than I do on the road. That's not my 2 cent's, that's a fact!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. R-n-R Trucker

R-n-R Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2009
    tulsa,ok
    Skunk is right! Way to many games here. If you have exp get ready to sit. They will run the newbs and let you sit. that way they don't have to pay you the (big Money LOL what a joke). I make .35 cause I have 10 yrs exp but I sit around but the rookies who get .29 and .30 run their butts off and have all the accidents. But what ever they still haven't gotten me home was supposed to be there sun now I don't know when I will be there. I go out for 3 to 4 weeks at a time but when its time for me to go home. Get me there. Thats when I start to complain big time. Hell I do all the runs and everything they ask for when I'm out!!! Least they could do is get me home when I need to be there.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    R-n-R hope they get you home soon man. I usually do 4-5 weeks out myself, they don't have trouble getting me home (usually) but lately they wanna screw me around on my days off being less than what I was out for which I don't appreciate.

Right now I am actually sitting in waiting area at doctors office waiting to get inside, already finished the last 150 pages of my book since I have been here since 1130. Allergies are going ballistic on me today, and I was already having some other issues which is why I got the appointment to begin with.

5. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Yea, they started me out and $.32 a mile. Miles were good for about the first month then went right out the window. Finding a job seem's to be difficult for me as most companies are complaining they don't have much freight coming through here. FFE recruiting told me I would see a lot of home time which I did because I would get a lot of load's from GA. and AL. going to Lancaster or the other way around so I would have time to stop and stay at home for a while but when it came time for time off, they had all kind's of trouble getting me home. I figure just put me on one of those load's coming through here, have another truck meet me at the Petro swap for an empty and have that driver repower that load on in instead of getting me over there to make the delievery then leave me sitting for a couple of day's before being able to find something to get me back. Companies don't think about thing's like this which could help both yourself and them in the long run. And they say work smarter and not harder. Shhhheeeesssssseeeeee!

AS far as their trailer's piggy backing the train's, you will see an FFE trailer(s) on #### near every train that comes through here.

6. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I want to thank you lonewolf and skunk for your posts on here. I have orientation with ffe on monday and was having my doubts but I think I made the right decision.

7. or2tx2002

or2tx2002 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Conroe, Texas
    Hello,
    My family has had a rough ride the past year....worked for Arrow trucking and have spent the past couple months trying to dig our way out of the mess they put us all in. I have 2 offers right now...one is with K & B and one is with FFE. K & B is saying they gaurantee 2500 miles and start at .34 per mile. FFE says they are running 2500-3000 (without any guarantee), but they only start at .30 per mile. Can anyone give me any info on these two companies....not sure if we can survive on .30 per mile particularly if I'm not getting the miles. But concerned about K & B's reputation. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,:biggrin_2551:

8. wpmclam

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Only go to K&B if you want to run strictly over nights. And the 2500 guarantee is like this...You have to be dispached for a full 7 days. So basically if you have a hometime week you don't get it. Really nice trucks though, Freightliner Classics XL full decked out. Come with CB's.

9. wpmclam

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Oh also K&B's dispatchers all are straight out of college

10. wpmclam

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I may have to go kiss ### to get my job back at FFE I'm afraid. Crete is my last hope for a job

11. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    FFE sucks. Always has always will. Even back in the 80's they were rotten. Was getting a haircut last Tuesday. Girl was all upset. Said her husband was truck driver. Worked for FFE. Had been told all the usual BS. Dispatcher had run him out of fuel in Iowa and he spent night in 0' with no heat. She called to complain and was of course blown off. Just one of thousands of horror stories on these maggots. No knowledge of K B.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.