FFE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by birddawg, Aug 19, 2007.

1. R-n-R Trucker

R-n-R Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2009
    tulsa,ok
    Wow Haven't been here since I left this screwed up company and seems that is still the same. Love the company I'm with now. Run all the miles I want and they still try to give me more.Wanna know more PM me and I will let you know

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    We all know you love your company and good for you. FFE is a good fit for me for now so I will hang in for a while. It's not all sunshine but I take it all in stride

4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Well, I got a post card in the mail today hand written by my old recruter from FFE. Really nice lady and I can understand she's only doing her job but what she told me and what the company did to me was far from my satisfaction. Alway's late getting me home. No mile's. A month behind on pay check's so I stayed broke the whole month trying to make what little food I could get strech out. Alway's wanting me to be ready to go when it was time to go back to work and I would be but they would get away from the house only to find myself sitting around for a whole day twiddling my thumb's waiting for a load while my log book was already started and wasting away. Got my ### chewed out by safety for a accident that wasn't even my fault ( I was on my 10 hour break). I could go on with the list of other other thing's to add as I have posted before. Biggest check I ever saw was $300. Got fed up, came home cleaned out the truck and left it just as nice as the day I got it then took it back and told them I've had enough of their BS games. I'm going to look for work else where.

I know it wasn't right to quit without something else being lined up first because of work being hard to come by but it seem's like they want me back. Here over the past month I have gotten card's and letter's in the mail from 6 different companies now. I had to fight with them to get my last paycheck because they didn't want to give it up and tried to find every excuse not to send it to me. Other than being between a rock and a hard place right now and no job, what would be one #### good reason why I should go back to work for them? I haven't called her back yet but I'm going to do some serious weeding of fine detail's and figure out why I would. Then call her up and tell her exactly why I left.

I'm not a hard person to please and I don't ask for much but when I bust my ### doing everything I am told I expect to see it in good number's at the end of the week. I have a offer right now to go back into lawn care with a garentee of $475 a week which is a lot more than what I was making driving. Problem is, I miss driving more than a fat kid ever would crying over his chocolate cake running from him down the street.

I know in the end it's all up to me but does anyone have any suggestions? I wouldn't mind going back to work for FFE other the the fact that I don't want to end up getting shafted by them again.

5. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I drive for ffe but I won't be a cheerleader for them. I do okay with them but everyone is different. My question is where do you run out of? Look at those other companies. Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. My two cents

6. Tobig

Tobig Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Sorry to hear FFE isn't so good. Out of the 4 companies that have gotten back with me they seemed to have what I was looking for in a starter company. The 3 other companies were Werner, Panther II, and CR England. FFE was the only company that offered me a solo company driver position. All the others where for team only or the lease deal.
    Things are tough up here in Michigan right now, I been out of CDL school for a month. Not even my pre-hires for school grant money had a job for me when I got done. Swift, Stevens and Covenant no longer hire north of I-94, go figure.

7. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    FFE is a tough company. If you don't have other options go ahead and give them a try. Just be ready to fight for every thing owed to you more than you should have to. If you can get a yr or so with them you will be able to handle about anything. They do have the freight. I don't care for reefers but to each his own. Plenty of money in it and always going to be food to be hauled. Anything in the food chain will offer job security. Just more headaches. Good luck buddy!

8. Tobig

Tobig Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    FFE has gotten back with me today and the offer for employment is on the table. They would like me to be down to Texas first part of May. Told the lady on the phone I would like a few days to think it over, she said no problem just let her know yea or nay.

9. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    WTH-give it a go. I would make sure to cover your hiney. Might take camera and anything else you need to document any problems that come up. And you can make them retrieve Qualcom or other messages sent and received if anything ever comes to that. A few on here record all phone calls w/dispatcher to CTA. Just know there will be great days and awful days. Happens no matter what section of trucking you get into. Be safe and learn all you can. More you know the better chance you have of making good money and enjoying job. Don't be bullied into anything you don't feel is safe for you. I know you will do good.

10. Tobig

Tobig Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Im 99.9% sure I should take this offer and my wife has no problems with it, we both have close family that are otr drivers, so we understand what is going to be required.
    Besides I might one of the lucky few that make good with them and are happy with them. If not like you say BD do my year or two and move on.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  11. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Well I can say this to anyone who does. Carry plenty of cash with you because oreintation is not paid. I got caught up in that BS and #### near starved the whole 3 day's of class not to include the two extra day's I had to sit on the yard waiting for my QC to be fixed and trying to get a load out.
    Gary Patters was my dispatcher there in TL but had me LTL which I hate with a passion. If you notice a lot of people who answer the phone's have some kind of serious attitude problem. Tyler, the man who hand's out truck assignment's need's to have the stick removed from his ###. You can respect him all day long and be nice but his attitude is enough to bring everyone down to a ###### level.

WPM, I'm here in Shreveport only about 3 1/2 hour's from Lancaster. Just a hop skip and jump for me. That's the big thing making me consider going back because the bus ride isn't all that long. I'm just not fond of riding the bus long distances. I did to Norcross, GA. to go to Marten and that was the worst #### experiance.

ToBig, your recruter wouldn't happen to be Kathy would it?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    david07003 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.