FINALLY DECIDED

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Ultratowel, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    AFTER MONTHS HAHA, Im literaly about to walk out the door to do my cdl permit at the DMV and ive been studying like crazy on the "CDL Prep" app and have been able to 100% all 270 some questions for general knowledge, 100% all 70 some questions for airbrakes and about 98% for combination vehicles... i got my doctors appointment today to get my blood pressure medicine. and then hopefully i get that sweet call that i need form road master saying that my loan has been approved... my credit hs fairly good (low 700range) so id like to think i can be approved for the loan. if all goes well ill be starting school at road master in Orlando Florida on the 20th during their 8 week weekend program! cant wait!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roadmaster is owned by Werner, so you'll get lots of pressure to hire on with Werner and especially the Dollar General Account. Don't fall for it. They will also push Schneider and US Express.
    Comcar has 4 divisions and reimburses tuition up to $6,000.00
    Plenty other companies to choose from also.

4. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    I really wanna just get something with no touch freight and I’d be happy tbh. And I really wanna be more broad on my travels. I don’t wanna be set on a small route here in the southeast. Any recommendations?

5. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Aside from the dollar account, I thought Werner was a good reputable company? The 40 cent a mile sounded good for a start.

6. p1819

p1819 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Go to mid Florida tech instead. You get govt. Assistance most of the time to pay for tuition and its half what you will pay at Roadmaster.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's recommendations from your other thread; you'll run the roads with these:
    Freymiller -
    www.drive4freymiller.com -Click on "Restore Program" for new cdl grads.
    Contract Freighters - www.cfidrive.com
    Schneider - tanker division is big money; take home over a thousand a week.
    Plus:
    MCT Transportation - Auburndale,FL
    J&R Schugel
    Abilene Motor Express
    Melton Truck Lines
    Shaffer Trucking
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) - terminals in Winterhaven & Miami.
    National Carriers - Minimum Experience: 6 months. Ask about our Student Program if you have a CDL A, but not enough experience.
    NFI Industries - Are you graduating from a CDL driving school? We have a fantastic, paid driver training program that will give you the skills you need to be a safe, successful CDL driver.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ~~~~~~~MCT Transportation~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Freymiller~~~~~~~~~

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Don't pay much attention to cent-per-mile because that doesn't mean much unless you're getting a lot of miles every week plus good accessorial pays. I'd shop around a lot before making a final decision. Submit lots of applications the first day or week of school, then look over the job offers and pick the one you like best.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  10. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Thanks! Just passed my general knowledge and air brakes and combination test first try with only 4 total questions wrong. I am so excited right now. Also I have considered misnflorida yeh but I’m unsure if their classes will work with my schedule. Roadmaster has the weekend course that works perfectly for me

11. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Roadmaster has the weekend course that works really well for me. If mid Florida each has that option too I can look into it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.