FINALLY DECIDED

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Ultratowel, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I went to work for Werner, with experience and a break in driving. I started on the Family Dollar account.
    You will not make the .40 cpm. With experience they still wanted me out with a trainer for the full training time.
    Paid 350.00 a week. And if you are looking at no touch freight, you will not find it on any of the "dollar" accounts.
    I agree with China...stay away from them. There are many others to choose from.
    Good luck to you what ever you decide and keep the shiny side up and the wheels tween the ditches.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Probably won’t go with Werner tbh. I want lots of travel and no touch freight is all to be happy

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I understand Crete has changed a great deal since I worked for them...for the better...I hear.
    The only other companies I have worked for are Andrus out of Saint George, UT. No touch and 11 western, I do not think they would be the fit for you, since you are out of FLA. Great company tho.
    I currently work for Pride Transport, I am on the dedicated fleet so I never leave the west. but they do have national fleets that go everywhere, no touch. I don't know if they hire out of your area or not. They treat me great.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You won't touch freight at reefer/refrigerated companies these days. Elogs will finish off that with the few companies that did require drivers to handle freight.
    Of course there are exceptions, such as with a company like Florida Beauty Expess where you deliver live plants and may have 20 stops between Miami and California, but at least you get paid extra for each stop, so the paycheck will be pretty large.

Ultratowel Thanks this.
  6. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Yeah I really just don’t wanna do something like local deliveries (more than two stop in any given city)

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A coast to coast reefer outfit would be the answer then. Contract Freighters would probably be good also; it's dry van coast to coast.

Ultratowel Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Ssand Man are you still with Freymiller? If so give us a rundown on how it's going now.

Ultratowel Thanks this.
  9. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    You are in Fl.?? Look into food grade tanks. They will definitely get you all over the country and you never touch the product EVER. I honestly dont know if any of the Florida tank outfits hire newbies though. @Chinatown??

10. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    I’m really considering CFI and Freymiller.

More leaning at CFI though. Can gt a 4000 $ payout on tuition reimbursement in one year. Which is great since Roadmaster is costing me about 10 geand (#### ripoff) but I gotta take classes on weekends and it’s my only option so not much to do about that.

11. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    Yes, I'm still at Freymiller.
    A run down, actually, they are running me hard. Just the way I like it. I've already been out for a month,and have run recaps the last 3 weeks. We now have guaranteed detention pay. I don't know what to add?? My boss knows I'm a hard runner, and he's running me.
    I still have no complaints here.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.