Finally found a good job.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by et1231, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Crewcabsleepers, thats a pretty cool innovation some one came up with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Nope, when crossing state lines in a commercial application federal laws come into play.
    All states have those laws, its just that a lot of them chose to not enforce them at this time.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I see a lot of crewcab sleepers around here, pulling travel trailers out of Elkhart, IN. Sounds like a neat job, good luck!

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I've often wondered about the sleeping issue in these rigs. I've seen many without cabs, and sleeping in the cramped back seat would get old, as would spending 30 bones a night on a hotel.

The hotel cost may be tax deductible, but it's still going to bite you. Taking the deduction means you'll reduce your tax by only your tax-bracket amount, not 100% of your hotel cost. Wouldn't it be nice if you could reduce your TAX by the amount you spend in hotels? That WOULD be nice. Maybe in some other universe.

Just be sure to take your per-diem. That'll definitely help at tax time.

6. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Just wanted to say its great you found a good job you are happy with.. I am as well in search for a good company since my old one went out of business.. I already have been with 2 companies and gave both 1 a little over one month and both were jokes...

Anyways good luck!

7. W5IT

W5IT Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Central, LA
    That is cool. I know a couple guys doing hot shot that could use that. I'll have to pass the information on to them the next time I run across them.

I wonder what the price range is???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.