Finally In School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Rug_Trucker, Oct 22, 2009.

1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Hey RugTrucker,
    I'm glad to hear everything's going so well for you. Keep it up and stay in touch!
    Oldnewbiegonnabe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I'd love to have a laptop. That's the cheap thing, the air card is the expensive part.

:biggrin_25522:

4. Jmurman

Jmurman Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Baltimore MD
    Rug good luck on your testing!

Let us know who you've got pre hires from and when you go to orientation.

5. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
  6. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Yesterday was the last day of regular classes. We have a lady coming in today to give us a talk. I think she has a doctorate, yet is a class A CDL holder.

Driving tests start 9:30am. I don't take mine until 7:30am Thursday. I got my tank, and double-triples on Friday. I lost my birth certificate, new one is here today via UPS. I get that I am going to take my Hazmat test at the DMV.

7. Jmurman

Jmurman Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Baltimore MD

Good job!

I had my third road trip today and it was awesome. Each day is an improvement.

8. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I went and got my Hazmat test done. I missed 3 out of 30. Still passing. I can't believe they won't tell me where I can get my prints and background check done. Not until I get my class A.

Tomorrow! The road test is usually 79 minutes long.

I have to do 100ft straightline backing. Pretrip isn't a full one. They pull out what parts you do, along with skills on the practice field. Either one of two parallel parks or an alley dock. Offset backing too.

Friday is wash and clean the trucks for the next class. Maybe low 30's!!!

Tuesday the 15th is graduation day. Five out of the six of us are going to have home made pizza at one of the students house.

I think we are doing turkey and such on graduation day at the school.

I am the last guy to test. I am wondering if everyone passed.

Well back to Law and Order SVU!

Laters!

Rug

9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I passed. I pulled a blind side offset back, and a sight side parallel park. I am terrible on the sight side, better on the blind side.

Glad to have it over. We cleaned trucks yesterday and Tuesday is graduation.

Pizza was excellent!

The guys I am graduating with are good people.

I got my license switched over. The ladies at the DMV close to me wouldn't give me the info for my back ground check, and finger printing until I got my class A. I walked in with my receipt for my Hazmat test in a Nashville location. He asked why I hadn't got that done??? :biggrin_25526: Different stories, different locations.

When I got the info on who to call to get it done they were jerks. The woman asked why I didn't register online. Geez whiz I just got the info from the DMV lady! I'm in my car!

She told me to register online and I could have an appointment next week at 1:30 on my graduation day. I was going to run my GF to 2 different doctors appointments. I asked to do it the same day as i was calling. She told me "NO! You can't do it today!"

I went home registered online, called the place, they said come on down! :biggrin_25526: I told the owner of the place what I was told on the phone from the other people. She said, "no wonder it is really slow today!"

10. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Thanks, I hauled carpet. In my Dodge Maxivan. :biggrin_25522: I took the name when I got my first computer back in 2000. Name I use on www.moparts.com I've been in the flooring biz since '92.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.