Financing with bad credit

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by tribalone, Dec 27, 2013.

1. roadhogs

roadhogs Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Mcallen,TX
    Look for some local adds for owner selling some old equipment , seen a few around that will finance with about 4K down , we are talking beginner trucks in the 8 to 15 k, my self and others have done this when starting and moved up in trucks within 6 months to a year .. good luck

KB3MMX and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I agree with Richter

Let me first say dont be discouraged because you have bad credit . Things happen in life and you are not the first one to have bad credit . A credit report tells your credit history and it basically says who you are and how you have managed your money in the past. The good news is that you can learn what you did wrong in the past and you can change things. Personally, I'm not a big fan of investing in a truck these days but that's a different conversation. I would go on YouTube and look at videos on building good credit and cleaning up your credit report. There are credit counseling places around the country that you can call up and make an appointment with and they will pull your credit report and see what's on there and tell you what you're going to have to do in order to clean it up and how long it will take. As far as the bankruptcy is concerned, that's kind of in your favor because that's 5 years old, although it does take up to 10 years to fall off. But it's old enough to where you'll be able to apply for credit cards and learn how to use credit wisely. Credit cards are good tools for building a credit score for low-interest loans down the road. But it's important to remember that available credit on your credit card is not free money. Stay away from lenders that accept bad credit because they are going to charge you high interest.
    You can recover from a bad credit report and turn things around. I went from bad credit to no credit and when I got started my score was in the five hundreds. Now my score is in the seven hundreds. If you can afford to make payments on a truck then you should demonstrate to yourself that you can come up with that money every month and while you are waiting for your credit score to improve you can pack that money away in an account for a nice down payment which will lower your truck payments.

Good luck and I hope that helps

Yelsew Thanks this.
  4. Peterbuilt1013

Peterbuilt1013 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Chicago
    Push comes to shove you just need to find ways to make ends meet. I've been a driver almost 2 years now. Learned to be a trucker myself, learned flatbed myself, learned to get my own DOT myself, now my next hurdle is getting everyone out of my wallet. Freight factoring and learning how to fix my own truck. It's like any other business, you have to hustle hard to get ahead. My biggest concern is that trucking is very unsafe. It is so important to be careful and aware.

Yelsew Thanks this.
  5. Lindsey G.

Lindsey G. Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019

6. Lindsey G.

Lindsey G. Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019
    My husband had bad credit due to his divorce (she stuck him with all their debt)
    His score was around 530,he did have a down payment.We used Axle Lending,his agent was Connie.She got him approved with a down payment.It was rough his first 6 months but now we ride together and making a profit.It can be done!

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.