finding a job with an accedent

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JEGX, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JEGX

JEGX Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Westover,Alabama
    I am a recent grad and I am having a hard time getting on somewhere.I rearended a guy in march of 2011 there was no damages or injurys but the guy had a report done,I also got a public intox in 2009 I was not I a vehical,it was a misdomeanor,but every company I have talked to won't hire me because it,I do not drink anymore and I am a very asafety aware person.can anyone tell me of anybody that may hire me,besides coastal carolina?any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JEGX

JEGX Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Westover,Alabama
    No offence to coastal carolina,I would be trankful for anything I got..

4. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I rear ended a lady last July... pre entable, my fault, minor damage, no injuries etc... Stevens Transport hired me. i started their school in May (I have not.drivena truck since 1985), and am a few days short of finishing their Phase one training.

Not.sure about the Public intox, but since it wasn't in a vehicle, shouldn't be more than a speed bump.

Good Luck.

JEGX Thanks this.
  5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    try wiley sanders.

JEGX Thanks this.
  6. JEGX

JEGX Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Westover,Alabama
    Well still not having any luck,I am starting to wonder if all this hard work was for nothing..:(

7. EnigmaGal

EnigmaGal Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    NY
    Public intoxication is a misdemeanor?? That's pretty serious....
    In any case, most companies want a 5 year distance from a misdemeanor. I am sure they are pretty concerned about that issue.
    As far as the accident, I thought most will let you slide with one, if it's over 3 years old. I could be wrong.
    If you have to wait a year or two, so be it. Sad to say, but sometimes it just ain't fair. Go visit all the trucking web-sites and see what their requirements are. There are many to chose from. Granted, it may not be the one of your dreams that you start with, but it is a stepping stone.

8. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    At con-way freight last year with my interview didn't care about a accident I had four years prior(asked for 5 years) I told him I was in high school and rear ended someone. He just laughed and said I was in many in high school so don't worry. FedEx ground gave me a hard time for that.

Now I work for YRC freight and got into another accident this January. My pov had break failure and I slid on black ice into a stone wall. He didn't seem worried and I told him I got a police report and a mechanics nore saying the brakes where incorrect. Got into an accident two months ago while working taking out a cop cars mirror. Although it was my fault the cop agreed he shouldn't of parked there, and YRC didn't fire me so I got lucky. Another one 2 weeks later I was backed into a stopped unloading and some other guy took out the side of my truck. Since I wasn't driving and I was hit, all I had to do was write it up and management even said not to worry about it.

What I'm trying to say is just keep looking. A lot of the LTL carriers don't mind it

JEGX Thanks this.
  9. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    All I know is the trucking industry has really tightened it hiring requirements. Especially the OTR companies for some reason. I don't know why when they can't keep a driver for longer than a month. There is someone out there that will hire you. I agree with ACH that LTL seems to be a bit easier going with things like that. If you keep having trouble you can try getting on with an owner operator or fleet owner. There are also (dare I say it) bottom of the barrel jobs on craigslist that will take you. Just be careful with craigslist. Good luck.

JEGX Thanks this.
  10. JEGX

JEGX Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Westover,Alabama
    I am trying evey company I run accross,I meant Carolina Cargo BTW when I made this thread,but I have even tried them yeesterday,I am also worried I have app;ied so many places on the internet I'm bound to be a identity theift victim

11. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yep, you are going to have a tough time finding a good gig with your current record. They should have told you that before you paid them $6000 to go to school! Definitely want to aim for the smaller mom and pop companies. Here is a site that will help you find some:

http://www.truckdrivercentral.com/truckingcompanies.html

Good luck man.....

JEGX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted