Finding dedicated lanes in NC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cof1129, Jan 23, 2022.

1. cof1129

cof1129 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2022
    Garner, NC
    We are new to the business, and we were trying to land a dedicated lane with McLane for Walmart/Sam's stores but I am having the hardest time trying to track done the transportation person at McLane. Either she isn't there or she will return your call with the info you asked for. We know a person running out of Rocky Mount NC with a dedicated lane for McLane and they are "family" but it will not give us the contact, smh. Me being new to this, maybe my verbiage is not correct when I am talking to companies. Can someone give me some tips on how to approach a company to see if they have any vacant/open dedicated lanes? Or do you know of any companies we need to be talking to? Our Authority is only about 35 days old, but my husband has been driving for almost two years, so how do we get our foot in the door?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    didnt know mclane did that.

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Keep knocking on the door. Cold call the facility and get the contact info for the transportation department. Then start sending emails offering your services. Find out if they manage their own shipping lanes or contract it out to a 3PL. Go to the McLane website and gather intel there as well. Let go of the idea of the "Family Member" not giving you his contact info, they're protecting their business. What you should do is offer them your services when they are over capacity and need help on a lane.

5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    If you are looking at food service jobs like Mclane, US foods,Gordon’s it should be pretty easy to get a set run now days .The mclane run your talking about sounds like there grocery division which isn’t as big as there food service like restaurant delivery.The grocery side usually has 2 drivers to the truck and did pay really good but the restaurant side does also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.