Fine for dpf delete

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Titan trans, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Titan trans

Titan trans Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    I can't find anyone who can answer or has been caught or knows somebody who has been fined running deletes on there hotshot rigs .anybody out there have any stories about this out there ?Are they even looking for this at weigh stations?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    weigh stations are safety inspectors. not emission inspectors. they don't plug into your ecm.

bzinger, MartinFromBC and Titan trans Thank this.
  4. Titan trans

Jun 9, 2014
    Hi snowy.can they do anything if the see a dpf/cat delete pipe or do they not even have authority to do anything about it

5. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    This makes me happy.

6. Titan trans

Jun 9, 2014
    I've seen a few commerical trucks on these forums with pictures with the delete pipes on them and Im just wondering if its really a none issue or what .im scared of a fine but not as scared as I am of catastrophic fail to my engine and having to replace it cause the emission equipment is crap.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  7. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    We've had several reported posts from this thread and we appreciate all of you who took the time to report. Those reports are related specifically to this policy on emission modification posts:

We don't want to turn this into a discussion of that policy. I'm merely posting it so that all can be aware of it, and have a little background to understand the reason for my post here.

At this time, it's our view that this thread hasn't crossed the line into the type of technical discussion that we don't allow. We think that members need to know about enforcement, so as long as these posts don't get into the technical aspects of the actual modifications, we don't have a problem with it.

PE_T, Cottonmouth85, wore out and 7 others Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    But they can call someone who can do an inspection of your emission controls and then you have an issue.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    About a $10,000 issue for removing emissions equipment, if I'm correct.

rabbiporkchop and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  10. Titan trans

Jun 9, 2014
    Everything I've read that's at a manufactures level .they haven't issued that to any of these truckers an I know there's guys out there running these deletes.do u know anyone who has been fined for this"

11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Stay out of jersey and ca and you'll be okay.jersey loves to do smog checks.

rabbiporkchop and wis bang Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.