Fine for dpf delete

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Titan trans, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's all just rumors about somebody hearing something. I don't recall seeing any person in here or in real life, getting caught.
    In NJ they just do a smog check, they fine even pre egr trucks

BigChewie and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rulonwaholla

rulonwaholla Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    i run deleted 2016 w9 i been threw every states just ride clean and they wont even
    bother. even tho i leave the Def tank full. since i deleted over a year ago i havent been too the shop at all before i used too get check engine light all the time

4. trucky909

trucky909 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Im in CA and run ports...i got a 2012 cascadia...do you think deleting is a good idea. An owner op freind of mine knows a guy that will do it $1800. What do you think?

5. trucky909

trucky909 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Im in CA and run ports...i got a 2012 cascadia...do you think deleting is a good idea. An owner op freind of mine knows a guy that will do it $1800. What do you think?

6. Daddynicky

Daddynicky Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Kansas City
    I have an 08 T800 with a wet kit and though it did not use def it did have a dpf filter. She has 550k on it now and I deleted at around 490k. My problem was doing local it did not get the chance to regen and if it started to and I pushed in the clutch it would shut it down. Needless to say every 3 months she would go into retard mode and it would cost about $4500 to get her back going. It cost me $5k to delete they left everything there but hollowed it out and put on a tune so I wouldn’t get any check engine lights. Now I gained 2mpgs and have never had an issue. Weigh stations do not do anything unless the “sniff” which not to many do and they can’t really say or not say that you deleted anything. What if you didn’t delete but had an injector hung open? There’s to many variables and nothing really stands in court if you fight it. There is 2 types of people that delete, the ones that do it to blow black smoke and destroy their engines and then you have the ones that do it so that they benefit all the way around. It’s up to you

BigChewie Thanks this.
  7. BigChewie

BigChewie Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2018
    I have searched a good 20 hrs looking for people that got fined or shut down because of deletes and i have found nothing. Its cheaper to do the delete myself than it is to put it into the shop. Im debating it, but im thinking I will.

8. Bad Infuence

Bad Infuence Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2018
    North Carolina
    I know of someone who was caught in of all places in PA. It's not the DOT cops that will write the ticket. He was stopped for a random at a mobile scale site and from what I remember him saying the creeper cop saw something that was out of place and had the state epa inspector (not sure if that's their title) look at it and long story short he was fined $9,000 for tampering with emission controls on his truck, its federal. His truck was put out of service (after spending 4-5 hours at scale) and had to have it towed to shop of his choice (tow bill of $2,100) then had to pay to have all of the DPF/EGR Delete work replaced at dealership ($11,000). I was looking to get mine done but after he told me this happened to him I just spent the money on having a new tri pak installed. I'll try and get a copy of tickets and post here if he'll let me have them. So it cost him;
    DPF/EGR Delete...$7,900
    EPA Ticket...$9,000
    Towing....$2,100
    Reinstallation or Emissions Controls at Dealership...$11,000
    This doesn't include the lost revenue of almost 2 weeks in the shop.
    That's like $30,000 of money wasted, plus lost revenue so probably closer to $40,000-$45,000 pissed away. These deletes aren't all what there cracked up to be, your trading one set of problems for another.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What size truck?

10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Alabama DOT will plug into your ECM so fast it'll make your head spin. They don't care about emissions but they can, will and have done it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.